Hot Dogs In The Philippines

kalibojerry
Posted
Posted

Hot Dogs in the Philippines

First of all I live in Kalibo and not in Manila or another big city and I am at the mercy of the markets here in what they sell when it comes to hotdogs.

My favourite hot dogs are Nathan quarter pound hot dogs which were made famous at Conley Island ,  so I like the larger hot dogs the one I found close to the Nathan dogs here in Kalibo are the Tender Juicy Giant Dogs by Pure Foods, I find the best way is to boil or steam them it takes some of the salt out and they really come very close to the Nathan dogs, So my question to the  lucky BM that live in the big cities have you seen the Nathan Dogs  here in the Philippines and what are your favourite  hot dogs here in the Philippines .

post-4820-0-01429700-1436072649_thumb.jp

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

I have tried several brands of hot dogs here but if I am allowed to say this then I prefer the Purefoods German Franks with Angus !!

they are solid and with barely any oil flooding out ! I just boil them and eat !

mind you they are popular as they are often sold out !!

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
what are your favourite  hot dogs here in the Philippines

It is only recently that an American man and his filipino wife opened a hot dog stand here in Sibulan.  I don't know what he does but its magic.  Pick your favorite like chili dog or cheese dog and take one bite.  You will inhale the rest.  Can't stop.  A bit hard to find but if anyone in and around Dumaguete wants to find it then come get me and I will take you there.  All you have to do is buy me one.  :tiphat:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
First of all I live in Kalibo

Whew.  Glad i spotted that.  My eyes are not so good and all this time I thought you were KAIBOjerry  :thumbsup:

Anyone who has not heard of a KAIBO can click the link I merged, but for the purists among us, it should be spelled KYBO (which may have originally been an acronym for KeepYourBowelsOpen)  Anyway, all this time I thought Jerry was being humorous and now I know he lives there.   :tiphat:

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I have not yet found an edible dog here...maybe I can find some Tender Juicy Giants to try....  I prety much gave up ha ha

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
Purefoods German Franks with Angus !!

I 2nd that, had some last night,,

the only other good ones I have found at S@R cant remember the name but they are BIG

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Here in Bacolod, SM has both Purefoods and an imported Aussie brand. Expensive but real beef.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
Expensive but real beef

:bash: When you talking a great Hot Dog, on a Steamed Bun, with Onions and Yellow Mustard....MONEY IS NO OBJECT :bash:

:hystery:  :cheersty:

• Like 2

kalibojerry
Posted
Posted

A good hot dog to me is worth it costs  I like Chicago dogs or a good chili dog with everything on it  thanks for the in fo everyone  

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Another good dog is the New Yorker... It's also a larger dog and has a baseball on the package...

If you're out and want a half decent dog, try MinuteBurger... I believe they call theirs a New Yorker as well but it's been a while... Sorry but no mustard... But with the cheese sauce and hot sauce, I was happy...

Rule of thumb? If the dog comes in a red skin, it's probably not one you want...

• Like 2