Food And Happiness

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

I eat a lot of chicken , which is mainly from robinsons. and I have recently discovered purefoods chicken nuggets..Yummy.

we have a cousin that has a Tilapia Business so the family get it cheap but its not for me !!

I have tried " Fish and chips " in a few places but its always cream dory ! and I am not paying almost 1000php for a box of M&S chunky cod steaks !! I love chocolate and I no longer buy the well known 4 finger bar, I buy the Filipino brand and its half the price of the big brand !! same with Coffee I like the well known brand of " gold " coffee but it very expensive so I now buy the local " gold sachets "

and its very good.

I prefer Jollibee to Mcds burgers, and for the real thing I buy big corn fed burgers which for me is a meal in itself !!

things I miss Cider-cod and chips- ( steak and kidney puddings, and chicken pies from M&S )

but we eat well although I am still trying to get used to the 5 meals a day ! breakfast-merienda-lunch-merienda-Dinner 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

steak and kidney puddings, and chicken pies from M&S )

Maybe once a month trip to the Big Place is called for as they have M&S there!

http://global.marksandspencer.com/ph/

Just saying.

JP :)

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

steak and kidney puddings, and chicken pies from M&S )

Maybe once a month trip to the Big Place is called for as they have M&S there!

http://global.marksandspencer.com/ph/

Just saying.

JP :)

Was in MoA this afternoon.  Called into M&S for a look. Wine,biscuits,coffee,tea and a small selection of cereal and sauces.  Then called in at SM Hypermarket and they are selling Tesco Finest.

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

After about 18 months or so, I just noticed a general malaise, just something missing..........I ate 'MERICAN CHOW :no: .

Now, is this just me?

:cheersty:

I don't think it's weird when you have a certain craving.  It's easier for me in the States, to mix up leftovers and nuke it

for a couple minutes.  However, when it comes time to be glued to the TV (watching Sarapova 's legs), I've been known

to eat anything that is quick and usually cold.  Cold pizza, cold chilli beans, cold apple pies, cold mash potatoes and cold

lumpias etc, etc.  

Having severe munchies of the 3rd kind, American fast food is much faster when being chased with a cold Corona. 

Still a halo-halo junkie -- Jake

• Like 2

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

thanks guys for the advice but I think I need to go to greenbelt as it seems its the only place that has M&S food !

it will be awhile yet as i will need to go to manila to collect my watch that is in for a repair!

• 2 weeks later...
riburn3
Posted
Posted

Even staying in Cebu City where there is a good variety of international cuisine to choose from, I always find myself wanting good American quality beef.  It's funny how hard good beef is to come by in the Philippines.  Finding USDA grade beef to cook for yourself isn't too difficult, but even then it's just not quite the same, and it's way more expensive compared to back home.  Typically the first thing I do once I get back on American soil is have a good burger or steak.

Otherwise I'm not too hard to please.  Even when I'm out in the province I love living on fresh seafood, native chicken, and Philippine BBQ with hanging rice.