1St Visit To The Philippines

BigMook
Posted
Posted

Here are my recommendations and reasons.

Cebu -

Mandarin plaza hotel, about p2100 per night. Nice, new, clean and decent free breakfast. Has a pool.

Golden prince hotel, about p1700 per night. Nice, clean and the best free breakfast around. No pool.

Both hotels are a short safe walk to Ayala mall. At Ayala you can get anything you forget and also the have some of the best exchange rates at rustans supermarket in the basement. Plenty of taxis and much more to do in Cebu city. The pier is very short drive, maybe 10 mins. If you land at night it's only a 20 min (p200) taxi ride to the hotels (using a white taxi). Use your time in Ayala wisely, buy many small things using large bills to get plenty of small bills. Nobody ever has change.

Bohol -

I always stay at lost horizon beach dive resort annex, about p2200 a night. Might get free breakfast, depends upon room you choose. Close to beach, close their beach resort and close to main road. Alona beach has the best selection of restaurants around, just stay off the beach. We love to walk around and site see. There are tons of tours and things to do. Renting motorcycle is cheap (p400 day) and easy. Although we have never stayed in alona more than 3 days. It's kinda quiet at night, like everything shuts down at 10pm.

Dumagate I can't help on. I would extend my time in cebu and shorten time on johol, that's just me.

Hope this helps.

I never apologize. I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am.

BigMook
Posted
Posted

Cebu -

Mandarin plaza hotel, about p2100 per night. Nice, new, clean and decent free breakfast. Has a pool.

Golden prince hotel, about p1700 per night. Nice, clean and the best free breakfast around. No pool.

Both hotels are a short safe walk to Ayala mall. At Ayala you can get anything you forget and also the have some of the best exchange rates at rustans supermarket in the basement. Plenty of taxis and much more to do in Cebu city. The pier is very short drive, maybe 10 mins. If you land at night it's only a 20 min (p200) taxi ride to the hotels (using a white taxi). Use your time in Ayala wisely, buy many small things using large bills to get plenty of small bills. Nobody ever has change.

Bohol -

I always stay at lost horizon beach dive resort annex, about p2200 a night. Might get free breakfast, depends upon room you choose. Close to beach, close their beach resort and close to main road. Alona beach has the best selection of restaurants around, just stay off the beach. We love to walk around and site see. There are tons of tours and things to do. Renting motorcycle is cheap (p400 day) and easy. Although we have never stayed in alona more than 3 days. It's kinda quiet at night, like everything shuts down at 10pm.

Dumagate I can't help on. I would extend my time in cebu and shorten time on johol, that's just me.

Hope this helps.

Also as far as money and security goes, wear cargo shorts with zippers and keep bulk of cash in hotel safe. I have never had a problem with either.

• Like 2

BluesDude
Posted
Posted

Cebu -

Bohol -

Hope this helps.

Great post BigMook. It's posts like this that makes this Forum the best.