Building My Sea Wall Part 1

fred
Posted
Posted

Interesting thanks..

I hope they didn't use the surrounding beach sand in the concrete mixing process.. I`m sure the didnt!

• Like 1

Mike In Canada
Posted
Posted

Interesting thanks..

I hope they didn't use the surrounding beach sand in the concrete mixing process.. I`m sure the didnt!

No we did not, all cement, sand and rebar was ordered in from the local supply stores. Mind you my neighbour, a lady from the States hired the local engineer to build a guest house and fence while she was out of the country and we watched as all the sand came from the beach. She also had them build a rest area, covered area that was torn down 6 months later and re-built by new contractors.

• Like 2

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Many places in the PI have restrictions concerning how close to the ocean anything can be built. I hope that does not apply in your area.

• Like 3

Mike In Canada
Posted
Posted

Many places in the PI have restrictions concerning how close to the ocean anything can be built. I hope that does not apply in your area.

I am closer than my neighbours as the city offered all property owners on the sea the option to purchase more land closer to the water. There was only one or two land owner on the beach where I am that took the option. The land was sold in two parcels and I purchased one of them. The other neighbours are about 70 meters back from the front of my lot and most have tried purchasing the frontage but the city no longer offers it. I had the property marked by the city and inspected before starting the sea wall and fence. I think I am 30 meters from the water.

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted (edited)

The last I heard was that the minimum you could build a house from the sea was 20 meters so you should be ok.

Edited by sonjack2847
  • Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I'm looking forward to the pics of the finished product!

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Me too!

Jake
Posted
Posted

Me too!

Me three.....

• Like 1

intrepid