What Is My Rights As The Father Of A Filipino Child?

stevepeters
Posted
Posted

Hi members,

I will not go in full details on my matter... but their is one Filipino girl that I met in Bangkok & know her for the past 2 years & she is carrying our unbor child, now 5 months pregnant... We were not really in a relationship but we did make a baby together and now she does not want me to be part of the childs life... She even told me today she will hide it from me... I thought all was going well 4 days ago when we went to the market here in Bangkok & i was so excited buy baby clothe for our baby while she was more excited to buy clothe for herself.

Currently she is in Bangkok but will eventually drift back to Cebu where her family lives. I told her I will get a lawyer and the courts involved if she tries to hide it from me...

Does anyone has good word of advice on this matter, it will be really appreciated... like a good lawyer that deals with this kind of stuff? I think all bilogical parents have the right to see their child... This is so frustrating & hearthbreaking...

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1

stevepeters
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum Steve

I am not a legal expert, and since details are a bit sparse I will give my educated "opinion".

Legally you have most of the rights as anywhere else.

In reality? If she actually gets to the Philippines with the child and unless you are also in the Philippines and have lots and lots of money for lawyers? You really don't have much hope I am sorry to say. 1st youll have to find them, then find a lawyer (cash up front most like), then pay for paternity tests, then get her to court, then wait for the slow justice system.

Steve this is just my opinion, if she doesn't want you to have anything to do with her and the child in the future, and unless you have bundles of cash, time and patience. Shake it off and move on.

Thx for this... I just send her message & told her exactly what you told me... that I give it to her 100% and I dont need DNA test.. and told her to tell her daughter that she never wanted her to know her real dad... and finally told her to never contact me again... yes, Women are cruel sometimes and I have proof... but my life wont stop...

• Like 1

stevepeters
Posted
Posted

I am not a legal expert, and since details are a bit sparse I will give my educated "opinion".

In reality? If she actually gets to the Philippines with the child and unless you are also in the Philippines and have lots and lots of money for lawyers? You really don't have much hope I am sorry to say. 1st youll have to find them, then find a lawyer (cash up front most like), then pay for paternity tests, then get her to court, then wait for the slow justice system.

Steve this is just my opinion, if she doesn't want you to have anything to do with her and the child in the future, and unless you have bundles of cash, time and patience. Shake it off and move on.

Thx for this... I just send her message & told her exactly what you told me... that I give it to her 100% and I dont need DNA test.. and told her to tell her daughter that she never wanted her to know her real dad... and finally told her to never contact me again... yes, Women are cruel sometimes and I have proof... but my life wont stop... 

well, i told her to do anything she like with the child... told her i do not need dna test... pls never contact me again.... and dont forget to tell your daughter you never wanted her to know her real dad... so she reply: ok.. if this is all u want me to doo.. then, her parents wants to see me suddenly and followed, i should follow her in cebu soon because her parents know about me... im still not conveiced lol...

• Like 1

stevepeters
Posted
Posted

well, i told her to do anything she like with the child... told her i do not need dna test... pls never contact me again.... and dont forget to tell your daughter you never wanted her to know her real dad... so she reply: ok.. if this is all u want me to doo.. then, her parents wants to see me suddenly and followed, i should follow her in cebu soon because her parents know about me... im still not conveiced lol...

ive heard stories of foreigners even walking with a 15 or 16 getting arrested and put in jail.. did you ever heard of a filipino walking with a 15yo put in jail?

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
You really don't have much hope I am sorry to say

Agree with that.  It seems you have the right to remain silent, anything you say will be used against you, and you have the right to pay and pay as long as you are willing to do that.  But the maximum enforceable child support payment is much less here than in other countries.

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I thought all was going well 4 days ago when we went to the market here in Bangkok & i was so excited buy baby clothe for our baby while she was more excited to buy clothe for herself.
Perhaps that's can be an opening to a solution   = Talk to the side of her, who want money for HERSELF.  A part of a deal is you get right to meet your daughter enough much.

BUT are you sure she aren't sad/grumpy because you haven't offered to marry her?     Not odd if she is, specialy if she is from a traditional family, because - beside the economical problems it make -  it's a big shame for them to be a single mother...

Perhaps her parents want to FORCE you to marry her    :lol:

IF the family is good, and the agreed solution is you pay support and get right to meet your child, the family will put PRESSURE at the mother to follow the agreement.

• Like 1

afathertobe
Posted
Posted

Tricky story. Well first of all you have to make up your mind whether you want to be the father and want to take care of your child. If not, you won't face any issues, no birth certificate, DNA or anything to prove you're the father. On the other side if you do want to take responsibility you face the same problem: you got nothing to prove you're the father. Read up on my story (first thread I posted) and I can tell you that I'm still in the process of establishing my fatherhood, despite all parties involved agreeing on the facts and cooperating.

The only simple way is for you to be there during birth and signing the birth certificate. Failing that I don't see how you could manage the situation if you did indeed want to. 

• Like 4