Foreigner Sent To Jail In Dumaguete Court

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Facts are facts. Did he pay his Bill NO? Guilty.

Did he intend to defraud the Hotel , (Oh! I think so, given his FB account ) Guilty.

Where'e the problem?

JP  :tiphat:

Morning all :morning1:

• Like 4

• 5 weeks later...
usa32
Posted
Posted

No problem, that he got punished. 

However, it is interesting, that foreigners seem to get harsher sentences. Filipinos that kill foreigners, are usually not ever pursued for murder. However, a foreigner that skips out on some hotel bills, gets 4 yrs in jail :)   definitely two sets of rules at play here. Considering the high majority of foreigners, there, commit no crimes at all, seem's there is a view there, that if a foreigner commits a crime, it's like "how dare they come to our country and break our laws, let's hang them" if a Filipino commits a crime it's  "it's ok they have a tough life, and they didn't hurt a Filipino"  

Facts are facts. Did he pay his Bill NO? Guilty.

Did he intend to defraud the Hotel , (Oh! I think so, given his FB account ) Guilty.

Where'e the problem?

JP  :tiphat:

Morning all :morning1:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
Filipinos that kill foreigners, are usually not ever pursued for murder.

Lets be honest, Filipinos that kill Filipinos are usually not pursued or caught either. Example is the hunt for the wife of the race car driver.

The sad fact is that profiling is alive and well here in the Philippines (as it is with any law enforcement agency, if you ask a cop over a beer off the record).

If a foirigner robs a store:::: Sir I was robbed by a 73 centimeter "Kano" weighing about xxx kilos...............or Sir I was robbed by a 60 centimeter Filipino weighing xx kilos with black hair, brown eyes, dark skin.

Who do you think is gonna get nabbed first???? :hystery:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
if a foreigner commits a crime, it's like "how dare they come to our country and break our laws, let's hang them"

That is an attitude that I held all my life back in Canada and I fully understand it.  When a country welcomes foreigners and they crap on the citizens of that country then I have no (read that NO) sympathy for them.

Of course that same individual is innocent until proven guilty but in this case the guy admitted he was guilty and laughed about it.

• Like 3

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
If a foirigner robs a store:::: Sir I was robbed by a 73 centimeter "Kano" weighing about xxx kilos...............or Sir I was robbed by a 60 centimeter Filipino weighing xx kilos with black hair, brown eyes, dark skin.

It is obvious that the 2.5 foot tall 'kano stands out much more then the 1.8 foot tall filipino :th_unfair: so the authorities would find the midget no little kano first, easier after all.  I'm just happy that I'm 198 centimeters, they may believe me when I say "I didn't do it" :999:  :bash: