Bloke

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I know exactly what  the topic title   means but I don`t know which country it comes from is it from the UK or Aus or is it American. Some Germans asked me and I don`t know. Maybe you people can shed some light on it.

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted

I know exactly what  the topic title   means but I don`t know which country it comes from is it from the UK or Aus or is it American. Some Germans asked me and I don`t know. Maybe you people can shed some light on it.

Hmm.....bery interesting Kevin.  Since I'm 100% Filipino and being an honorary Australian, I would love to know this also.

Jake the blook-blook

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I have only heard it spoken of by old timer Brits.

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I have only heard it spoken of by old timer Brits.

Yes I remember my dad using it 

• Like 2

lyno 47
Posted
Posted

IHMO it came from a poem by  CJ DENIS made into a  silent movie in 1915 called the sentimental bloke from what I understand it is used here in oz the u/k and new Zealand.

• Like 5

mogo51
Posted
Posted

My blokin' oath it is!!!

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I got busy today and again tomorrow so I will throw this page in

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1GIWA_enPH638PH638&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=origin%20of%20the%20word%20bloke

Have a good all. Kev, DH and I can discuss this at Lunchtime the rest of you can pick the bones out of the Page. :thumbsup: never let it be said we don't try and answer all Questions no matter how difficult or simple they may be, That's what is good about Forums, Togetherness :)

JP :tiphat:

• Like 2

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

I shall stick my " 5 penneth in" the english :lol:  version of " Bloke " is basically a slang for a  for guy !

I.E when for example when your talking to someone else about the man standing in the corner of the bar.

it might go something like this ( depending on how much drink ) :cheersty:  had been consumed 

" Och there jock who do you think that bloke over there is looking at ? "

hope this wont upset our Scottish friends !! 

• Like 1

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

jack thanks for diffition. but it just added another question . who or what is sheta

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

jack thanks for diffition. but it just added another question . who or what is sheta

No idea whatsoever

• Like 1