A Couple Of Things Filipinos Do Right.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I have always taken my shoes off at the door... When young, my parents had a small house in the country and, with 6 kids, my mom couldn't wash the floor 26 times a day!

:D

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
I have always taken my shoes off at the door... When young, my parents had a small house in the country and, with 6 kids, my mom couldn't wash the floor 26 times a day!

​I do that here, and Fe still sweeps or mops the floor a dozen time a day.  After which I am told the bottom of my feet are dirty and I must wash them, of course if I am wearing a newly ironed shirt.... 

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

A thing Filipinos do better (in average) has to be   :)  how they raise kids, because Filipino kids (in average) treat their elder much better   :thumbsup:   than average western kids do. But it need some adjusting how Filipino BOYS are raised, because to many of them are irresponcible.

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
But it need some adjusting how Filipino BOYS are raised, because to many of them are irresponcible.

Yes they are and it seems that way right up into there 50s and beyond if there mum is still alive, in my eyes spoilt little boys  

• Like 3

northtoalaska
Posted
Posted

<<< I haven't been in USA, but it's common knowledge here that in USA it's normal to NOT take off common outdoor shoes, when entering someone else's home.>>>>

Well, I haven't been to Sweden, but it common knowledge that ALL Swedish women look like Ingrid Bergman, or Greta Garbo, or Brit Ekberg, and, that all Swedish men have undergone a sex change operation, that oddly enough, leaves them looking like Ingrid Bergman, or Greta Garbo, or Brit Ekberg...

So, no, it NOT normal to NOT take off outdoor shoes. It really varies by region and by family. Where I grew-up we didn't take shoes off as a matter of course when entering home. My best friend's family? They did. Where I live now? Virtually every home I visit does. So, a definitive, it depends.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Where I grew-up we didn't take shoes off as a matter of course when entering home. My best friend's family? They did.

Crisky! Rich people, you all had Shoes. post-2148-0-08947800-1436946006_thumb.jp  :hystery:

JP  :tiphat:  :)

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
It really varies by region and by family

I had a hard time remembering who was who.  One person would say:  Get back.  Take your shoes off, were you born in a barn?  and at the next house someone would say:  Don't take your shoes off, this is not Japan you know.  It all depended who kept a spotless floor and who had cattle dung that they were embarrassed to have you step in.  Before people say "that's gross" I have to mention that the house I lived in had the barn in the basement, split level so the cows entered the downstairs and the humans entered the upstairs but the farmer had to simply go down the stairs to milk, great when its 40 below.  Tough on people that want to take their shoes off though.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

It is closing of Doors that can get to me. Those doors that should be closed aren't and visa versa.

Doors get left open in come the flies and then the dogs and  money gets wasted on the A/C my Wife is a big Culprit in my House to me and our daughters annoyance at times. She will pop her head in to say something in a room and just leave the door open even just ajar but it gets so we no longer have that little piece of Quirt we were in that room for.

JP :tiphat:

ps, Just for the record, we do change our Shoes on the Terrace but we don't expect our guests to

edited to add this snippet :thumbsup:  

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Of course the best thing that a Filipina did was to marry me, not sure about you guys though.

• Like 4

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

I sure remember the holy socks jack the tops fell down ankles and wadded up in shoes jack

• Like 1