Bacolod City, Seems So Clean

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Puerto Princesa is very clean. The tour guide told us first offense of littering is a fine and second offense will definitely result in jail time.

• Like 5

intrepid
Posted
Posted

This video is rather long but it shows Bacolod city and surrounding Silay and Talisay and the first thing I notice is how clean the streets are. If the people there can keep the streets clean it should be able to be done anywhere.   :thumbsup:

http://philippinesvideo.com/pinoy-joyride-bacolod-city-joyride/

Since traveling around the PI I have noticed all areas Negros seems cleaner than other places around the country.  But I will add that each return trip to PI since 2004 I see some improvement in the streets around Manila.  The city seems to get a little cleaner each trip.

• Like 4

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
But I will add that each return trip to PI since 2004 I see some improvement in the streets around Manila. The city seems to get a little cleaner each trip.

Noticed that too.  With the sheer volume of people, it is probably not that easy to pull off.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
since 2004 I see some improvement in the streets around Manila

Agreed, Just since we moved here permanently I have noticed a new program here in manila. Most cities in the metro have hired battalions of street sweepers. All they do is walk up and down a short section of road and sweep. Here in Paranaque they all wear green shirts (color or the current mayors political party). I have asked and they each get paid 300 peso a day. Lately they have even been venturing down side streets maybe once a week.

Streets are cleaner, but on the other hand, this also removes all sense of personal responsibility. Folk will never stop littering when they know "ah, let the street sweepers clean this up" Classic catch 22.

• Like 5

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I found the video extremely interesting and also impressed with the cleanliness. Some great locations for

taking in the sights.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

since 2004 I see some improvement in the streets around Manila 

Agreed, Just since we moved here permanently I have noticed a new program here in manila. Most cities in the metro have hired battalions of street sweepers. All they do is walk up and down a short section of road and sweep. Here in Paranaque they all wear green shirts (color or the current mayors political party). I have asked and they each get paid 300 peso a day. Lately they have even been venturing down side streets maybe once a week.

Streets are cleaner, but on the other hand, this also removes all sense of personal responsibility. Folk will never stop littering when they know "ah, let the street sweepers clean this up" Classic catch 22.

I used to think the same thing - until one morning, I watched some guy drop his garbage about 10 feet from a little old lady sweeping the street...  The last I saw of him was as he was running as fast as he could with her whacking him with her broom!  

:rolleyes:  :mocking:

• Like 4

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the video. I watched it all. I agree with the others. It is a very clean city.

Unlike Davao

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
It is a very clean city. Unlike Davao

OH! OH! I feel something here! :mocking:

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the video. I watched it all. I agree with the others. It is a very clean city.

Unlike Davao

Sometimes I feel like I live in a parallel but alternate universe...  At least my universe is reasonably clean!  I guess that's what happens when Davao  hires a couple hundred casual workers over and above the budgeted number of workers to sweep the streets every morning...

:thumbsup:  :mocking: