Hired Help

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

If you have young children and wanted some help like a yaya or housekeeper, would you get them to have a health check first? I ask because the Doctor who lives next door has helpers and one of them is constantly coughing. This has certainly made me think about keeping my daughter away from people who may be infected with who knows what. If you are going to get helpers would you pay for some tests after they pass all other requirements?

• Like 4

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

A chronic cough could be a sign of something serious. It's best to have a check up. I'm almost sure the doctor would know what to do.

I had a dry persistent cough develop out of nowhere once. It really annoyed me. I did not have any signs of anything serious. It started in the states when on one of my visits. I go there to get a physical and some lab work done and get my Rx meds.  That is when my dry cough began.

It lasted for many months. Last year, I went to my doctor here in the PI for a simple check up. He changed my Rx a little. He discontinued one and prescribed another.

Almost like magic, my dry cough started to disappear. So, I checked the Rx that he discontinued and found that it causes a dry cough in some patients. I thought, WOW, it all started with my prescription change. No damage, nothing to worry about but it did annoy me.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
A chronic cough could be a sign of something serious. It's best to have a check up. I'm almost sure the doctor would know what to do
Well you would think so wouldn`t you but she is still coughing.I wouldn`t have her in my house.
  • Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

A chronic cough could be a sign of something serious. It's best to have a check up. I'm almost sure the doctor would know what to do
Well you would think so wouldn`t you but she is still coughing.I wouldn`t have her in my house.

First thing came to mind was tuberculosis, an airborne disease that can quickly spread.  Their personal hygiene practices must also be taught and re-enforced, like inspecting their nails and hair.  Yeah, watch out for those hair lice.  

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Yes, I would think the doc would insist to have her checked.

http://www.webmd.com/lung/tc/tuberculosis-tb-symptoms

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
If you are going to get helpers would you pay for some tests after they pass all other requirements?

uh......................................YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :th_goodidea:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

If you are going to get helpers would you pay for some tests after they pass all other requirements?

uh......................................YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :th_goodidea:

It was a Requirement for ours to undergo a medical at our Expense. Clean Bill so all good. 

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Yes, I would think the doc would insist to have her checked.

http://www.webmd.com/lung/tc/tuberculosis-tb-symptoms

I agree. The doc should have her checked. ( you would think)

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

A dry cough or one with phlegm is not good. Neither is it good to be around someone with a chronic cough. Especially, even if they cover their mouth. In  jeepney, a crowded elevator or anywhere there is someone coughing near you,,,, you are vitrually trapped. So cover your face, just in case.

Sorry, but just to mention it, it is just like someone pharting near you. You don't have to hear it to have an effect on you. It's airborne and you get punished with it.

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I think any kind of cough around kids is not too good. Maybe it is nothing to worry about but until you know I think it is best to stay away.