Visa Requirements- Usa Immigration

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Hey all, I'm here in the Philippines and got married a couple weeks ago! I've been here over 3 months now.

I want to start the visa process soon but have done concerns.

#1 - Regarding financial support, does anyone know what I have to do to pass on this? How much do I need to earn, etc?

#2 - Would it help me to have my family write a letter or something?

How do I prove I've been living here? Will my passport be enough? I read it is much easier to get through this if I've been living here for 6 months. I've only got a couple more to go.

Thanks! You all have helped me much in the past! I'm here in Batangas if anyone ever wants to get coffee.

BTW - is it possible to buy mustard or fresh milk here? [emoji12]

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Sorry for the duplicate. Please delete mods. Tapatalk issue

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
Posted 11 minutes ago Hey all, I'm here in the Philippines and got married a couple weeks ago! I've been here over 3 months now. I want to start the visa process soon but have done concerns.

Can we presume you mean a 13a visa by Marriage? 

if so please have a look at this.

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/images/FORMS/June2015/BI%20FORM%20V-NI-015-Rev%201.pdf

As you have been here under 6 months you will need a Police clearance from your own country or the last Country you lived in, ( has to be in English!) Over 6 months just the NBI Clearance.

Best of Luck :thumbsup:

JP :tiphat:

BTW congrats on your marriage, Stay happy. :)

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Thanks, what is nbi clearance? Thanks

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Thanks, what is nbi clearance? Thanks

NBI National Bureau of Investigation. ( You Wife should know where it is for you) Costs 110p and will take about 3 weeks.

Personal Appearance Fingerprints hard type (Ink) and Elecronic photo and F prints. You can do it on Line for the Application then go.

http://clearance.nbi.gov.ph/

:thumbsup: JP

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted (edited)

Gratz on your marriage Richie, now you can join the ranks of us long suffering husbands lol. 

Easy one first. Mustard can be found at just about any major supermarket i.e. SM, Puregold, Waltermart, S&R,places like that. Just bought some at SM yesterday, depending on the ole, "out of stock" problem. Fresh milk is more problematic, I have found fresh milk at S&R but its pretty expensive. I have made due with "GI" milk, the stuff in cardboard cartons. If you put in the freezer about 30 minutes before drinking and get it really cold I really don't notice the difference that much.

About the Visa thing, sounds like you are starting at the beginning. May I suggest you consult the Embassy web site http://manila.usembassy.gov/marriage-to-a-us-citizen2.html and browse around there for a bit. All the requirements and such are there (if you dig for them lol). I bet most questions will be answered but if anything stumps you then ask specific questions and the members will be glad to give you some advice.

Bottom line is the process is like any other thing run by the US Government and probable to complex to really address completely in this medium.

:cheersty:

Opps I thought you were asking about taking your wife to the States. If not disregard all but the milk and mustard comment lolol.

Edited by scott h
  • Like 2

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks guys!

I can't seem to find mustard at any of those places! And yes, I know all about the milk in boxes. Ha-ha

What does the nbi clearance check for?

Thanks, I'm a little short on time right now hence the quick reply.

Edited by Richieboy67

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

I got an NBI in January. After 6 months of residency in the Philippines you are eligible to get one for 13A visa requirements. To MY knowledge they only check to see if you have anything on file here in the Philippines. I do not think they go to Interpol or your home country, but I might be wrong.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
What does the nbi clearance check for?

I am not sure there is a reason for any of the stuff they ask for here.  This is a bureaucratic society and they delight in giving you lots of 'requirements' for no other reason than to justify a lot of people's jobs.  You will get along much better when you fully understand that basic principal.

• Like 4

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

You don't need a police check from home.

Since you are in Batangas, don't you come up to Manila once in a while.

Are you living here? Are you sure you actually need this?

#2 - Would it help me to have my family write a letter or something?

Your Filipina wife writes the letter. For about 150-200 pesos you get it done outside the Dept of Immigration Intramuros, there are people who specialize in this, and it will be correctly signed and notarized.

No rush on this one, you still have quite a few extensions to go. But sure it's helpful. It can help you open a bank account for one thing.

I'm on my 7th year, so that must have saved me 50-60k pesos by now. And btw once you have 13 a, it cannot easily be revoked, you would have to commit a felony or your wife would have to file a formal complaint against you. It really is "Permanent"

Edited by chris49
  • Like 2