Visa Requirements- Usa Immigration

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
You don't need a police check from home.

Sorry Chris but if the OP has not been here for  6 months he will need a Police Clearance from his own Country or the last country he lived in.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I'm on my 7th year

I want to ask you if you are sure that this requirement has not changed in the 7 years since you have done it?  Everyone I have talked to who is doing/has done it in the last 2 years say it may be a requirement as Jack mentioned, but if you are SURE then the others I have talked with are all wrong.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm on my 7th year

I want to ask you if you are sure that this requirement has not changed in the 7 years since you have done it?  Everyone I have talked to who is doing/has done it in the last 2 years say it may be a requirement as Jack mentioned, but if you are SURE then the others I have talked with are all wrong.

I don't want to get into any war of Words but for the sake of this and for the OP please read the attached link with special reference to the last paragraph section (a). under the NBI Piece 

http://www.philippinesplus.com/2013/06/24/new-requirements-for-philippine-13a-permanent-visa/

JP :tiphat:

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

I did not know that. But it seems I had a mate apply, but that was around 2 years ago so not enforced.

Thanks for pointing it out. Throws the cat among the pigeons a bit I guess, in Australia we do it by calling the police station, and they mail it out. Then it needs Philippine Embassy stamping...wow.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
I did not know that. But it seems I had a mate apply, but that was around 2 years ago so not enforced.   Thanks for pointing it out. Throws the cat among the pigeons a bit I guess, in Australia we do it by calling the police station, and they mail it out. Then it needs Philippine Embassy stamping...wow.

Like nothing is easy anymore and as they say it is more Fun :rolleyes:

JP :tiphat:

• Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

I'll be here for a couple more months at least so I'll just need the nbi clearance. That matters things easier I guess.

We go to Manila on occasion so going to the embassy is not a huge deal. I'm just trying to plan things out.

I'll need to do some work to get caught up with my tax papers (self employed) and we'll have to hey my wife's new passport with her new name. So much to do. And another extension in August...

Yes, the paperwork here is insane.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

It isn't clear to me which visa you want to obtain.

1. A 13A Spousal Visa from the Philippines for you to stay in the Philippines?

2. A CR-1 Spousal Immigration Visa so your wife can return with you back to the USA?

Since you asked about the financial support requirement I assume that you want the CR-1 Spouse US Immigration Visa. If you search this forum you will find some posts I made regarding obtaining a CR-1 Spouse Immigration VIsa for my wife. As you have read it is very fast if you file at the US Embassy in Manila after you have been here for 6 months. Regarding financial support you need to prove support at least 25% above the US poverty rate which totals up to around $20,000 USD in income per year.

• Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Thanks, We want option 2. :)

I need to earn around $20,000 and prove that with tax forms?

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Thanks, We want option 2. :)

I need to earn around $20,000 and prove that with tax forms?

Yes, over $20,000 USD annual income. Having enough financial assets such as a home, investments, etc. can also help you to qualify.

As I recall, here are some of the things you can start doing now to get ready to file your I-130 petition at the US Embassy in Manila.

1. Obtain 4 copies of your NSO certified marriage certificate at your local NSO office.

2. Obtain 4 copies of your wifes certified birth certificate at your local NSO office.

3. If your wife doesn't have a passport, obtain a passport in her married name at a DFA office. OR If your wife has a passport get it changed to her married name at a DFA office.

4. Getting the passport done will require you to first obtain other photo ID's for your wife with her married name. Possible ID's include a postal ID, Tax ID, Phil Health ID, voter ID, etc.

5. You will also need to get NBI clearance for your wife in her maiden name and in her married name.

6. If your wife has resided outside of the Philippines for more than 6 months you will need to get police clearances from the other countries at their respective embassy in Manila.

7. You will need to obtain copies of your income tax filings for the last 3 years and any other documents which show you can support your wife financially.

8. If you had previous marriages you will need copies of your divorce decree's or death certificates if a widow.

9. You need to provide proof that you have resided in the Philippines over 6 months. This is needed so you can file the I-130 petition at the US Embassy in Manila. Proof can include copies of your passport visa page, your tourist visa extensions, Philippines DL, ARC-I card, receipts from monthly phone bill, utilities, catv, notarized copy of lease agreement if renting, etc.

10. You need proof of your relationship with your wife. So save any airline tickets, print out photos and document when/where taken. Reciepts for flowers, any cards, letters and online chat logs, etc.

All of these things you can get done BEFORE you file the I-130 petition. In our case we were able to get a visa only 3 months after filing the I-130 petition. We could have gotten it done in 2 months if we had been in a hurry.

All in all the whole process cost us around $1000 USD plus travel and hotel costs for when we had to be in Manila. This is just an overview to get you started from what I recall.

That will be a $500 USD consulting fee....

Just kidding....

Good luck getting the visa. Proper research and preparation will lead to success.

• Like 3

jon1
Posted
Posted

Your wife will also have to get the CFO brief http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348&Itemid=918and certificate BEFORE she can apply for her name change of her passport (also an NSO Certified Copy of your Marriage Certificate is required). Prior to her leaving for the US, she has to return for some type of stamp in her passport from the CFO. So add that to your checklist.

• Like 2