Visa Requirements- Usa Immigration

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Your wife will also have to get the CFO brief http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348&Itemid=918and certificate BEFORE she can apply for her name change of her passport (also an NSO Certified Copy of your Marriage Certificate is required). Prior to her leaving for the US, she has to return for some type of stamp in her passport from the CFO. So add that to your checklist.

If you make arrangements in advance you can get the CFO stamp in your wifes passport at the airport. We called several days in advance and got the stamp in my wifes passport in NAIA Terminal 3 just after you go through outside security and before you check in with the airline. That saved us a trip to Manila.

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

If I am not mistaken here is what I understand.

You can return to the states and apply for a Spousal Visa. There is a website that you can read all of the requirements. It can all be done in the USA. All you really need is proof that you are married and have lived in the Philippines prior to applying. You will need to show proof of income. There is a minimum amount that you must earn annually for the two of you. If she has a child, that will increase the minimum amount.

There are immigration services that can assist you in the US or you can wing it. All the requirements are posted. Just check them out.

There is no need to go through all the hassle that they require of you here in the Philippines. That takes time and a lot of legwork.

Good Luck

This is what I plan to do whenever the time comes and my wife finally decides to emigrate.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

If I am not mistaken here is what I understand.

You can return to the states and apply for a Spousal Visa. There is a website that you can read all of the requirements. It can all be done in the USA. All you really need is proof that you are married and have lived in the Philippines prior to applying. You will need to show proof of income. There is a minimum amount that you must earn annually for the two of you. If she has a child, that will increase the minimum amount.

There are immigration services that can assist you in the US or you can wing it. All the requirements are posted. Just check them out.

There is no need to go through all the hassle that they require of you here in the Philippines. That takes time and a lot of legwork.

Good Luck

This is what I plan to do whenever the time comes and my wife finally decides to emigrate.

Almost all of that legwork needs to be done regardless of whether the visa is applied for in the USA or in the Philippines.

The big difference is that if you apply in the US it is currently taking 1-2 years. If the petitioner lives in the Philippines and can apply at the US Embassy the process is only taking 2-6 months. There is no need for an immigration service or attorney unless you have some unusual problem that will impact obtaining the visa.

• Like 4

Richard Riley
Posted
Posted

Hey all, I'm here in the Philippines and got married a couple weeks ago! I've been here over 3 months now.

I want to start the visa process soon but have done concerns.

#1 - Regarding financial support, does anyone know what I have to do to pass on this? How much do I need to earn, etc?

#2 - Would it help me to have my family write a letter or something?

How do I prove I've been living here? Will my passport be enough? I read it is much easier to get through this if I've been living here for 6 months. I've only got a couple more to go.

Thanks! You all have helped me much in the past! I'm here in Batangas if anyone ever wants to get coffee.

BTW - is it possible to buy mustard or fresh milk here? [emoji12]

You will need a copy of your marriage certificate on PSA (Philippine Statistical Authority) letterhead. I just got married in April and found out too late that I should have requested immediate processing through the Local Civil Registrar to get my NSO copy quickly. Now I have to wait 6 months. Make sure you go to the Local Civil Registrar where you were married before a month has expired because they won't expedite after that time.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Changed topic title to remove confusion. 

Please note that to know what forum category you are reading scroll to the top and you will see it as per screenshot.  :thumbsup:

post-1-0-23391100-1437024550_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

Hey all, I'm here in the Philippines and got married a couple weeks ago! I've been here over 3 months now.

#1 - Regarding financial support, does anyone know what I have to do to pass on this? How much do I need to earn, etc?

How do I prove I've been living here? Will my passport be enough? I read it is much easier to get through this if I've been living here for 6 months. I've only got a couple more to go.

Thanks! You all have helped me much in the past! I'm here in Batangas if anyone ever wants to get coffee.

You will need a copy of your marriage certificate on PSA (Philippine Statistical Authority) letterhead. I just got married in April and found out too late that I should have requested immediate processing through the Local Civil Registrar to get my NSO copy quickly. Now I have to wait 6 months. Make sure you go to the Local Civil Registrar where you were married before a month has expired because they won't expedite after that time.

I think that's fairly accurate, maybe not 6 months, but a few months sure.

We paid an express fee when submitting Docs to local NSO got our copy in 3 weeks. 500 pesos express fee, seems to be a standard fee across all govt services if we apply what we know about BI.

I did not not know that you had only a month to process through the Local Civil Registrar, but ok. They are located within each City Hall and they are not that busy.

• Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

We paid an express fee when submitting Docs to local NSO got our copy in 3 weeks. 500 pesos express fee, seems to be a standard fee across all govt services if we apply what we know about BI.

I did not not know that you had only a month to process through the Local Civil Registrar, but ok. They are located within each City Hall and they are not that busy.

Ok, going to the local town hall of no big deal but what exactly do I ask for? We got married on the 23 so we'll have to it quick.

Thanks everyone, what a complicated process.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Richie, I have not gone through the exact process that you have, only the 13A visa process.

Members have given you a lot of good advice, web pages, resources and personal experiences, I will just add this. Anything, any of us might have gone through before might (and probably has) changed by now. The bureaucracy here in the Philippines and in the States is alive and well and changing requirements. So I strongly suggest you dig into the sources that have been given and do some serious research. Remember none of us are immigration attorneys (even though Jake plays one on TV :mocking: ) and if our advice is slightly off or out of date, we are not going to be the ones caught flatfooted, and out a bunch of cash. Research and preparation is the key to beat any government lolol.

Good luck and best wishes :cheersty:

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

Ok, going to the local town hall of no big deal but what exactly do I ask for? We got married on the 23 so we'll have to it quick.

Mate, this has been complicated by the other Richie's post. We actually got married within City Hall and as I mention we added some fees for the processing, I think it was 800 plus the 500 Express Fee. Now it depends, what is the action of the people who got you married? Usually they are the ones forwarding the papers. Drop back and ask them to be sure.

chris49
Posted
Posted

Richie, I have not gone through the exact process that you have, only the 13A visa process.

Members have given you a lot of good advice, web pages, resources and personal experiences, I will just add this. Anything, any of us might have gone through before might (and probably has) changed by now. The bureaucracy here in the Philippines and in the States is alive and well and changing requirements. So I strongly suggest you dig into the sources that have been given and do some serious research. Remember none of us are immigration attorneys (even though Jake plays one on TV :mocking: ) and if our advice is slightly off or out of date, we are not going to be the ones caught flatfooted, and out a bunch of cash. Research and preparation is the key to beat any government lolol.

Good luck and best wishes :cheersty:

Avoid at all costs any attorney or consultant or agency, all can be done by you and the wife. The main complication is a series of visits to BI Home Office, Intramuros, the process cannot be done at a sub branch.

• Like 1