Posted
Cable

Internet

Water

Sewer

Car Fuel

Cable  = TV?

I miss these positions:

/Driving car costs aren't only fuel and insurance. You need repairs and new tires now and then.

/You need to buy things now and then e g TV can break, but add several cheap things also.

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
What your talking about I think is like a vacuum truck to pump out the tank.

That's the one.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Lets not forget those endless family birthdays and Such that we are all expected to donate to.

5 Funerals last year and they all need a donation.

Just saying :)

JP :tiphat:

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Lets not forget those endless family birthdays and Such that we are all expected to donate to.

5 Funerals last year and they all need a donation.

Just saying :)

JP :tiphat:

iI dont mind donating to as many funerals as long as they are not mine

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
5 Funerals last year and they all need a donation

And to all the garbage men's funerals. There are a lot of garbage men and they all seem to have a high mortality rate 

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted

That seems like a quite complete list although some of them don`t apply to me it would give someone something to mull over before moving here.

Thanks sonjack, thats the point, something to mull over.

intrepid
Posted
Posted

(I'm not sure what they're called).

Septic tanks, ya we have one, here in our town we do not pay sewage fees,,just property taxes.

That's one I missed.

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Its a good start, Intrepid.

Now if you want to be absolutely SURE you can live in this budget then I will suggest a solution I imposed (strong word but true) upon my second wife in Canada.  Here's the story.

For a couple of years she had been whining about wanting a new house.  The obstacle to getting that new house was sticking to a budget that seemed to work on paper.  So I drew up a huge budget for the month on a sheet of paper 3 feet by 3 feet and taped it to the wall.  Every 2 weeks I added in our income and every time either of us spent a penny we had to account for it on the budget.  It meant if we went over budget on the electric bill that month we had to find another column of the budget to deduct it from so we could not possibly go over budget (there is only so much dirt you can dig out of a hole of a given size).

For 3 years she bitched and moaned that this was so hard, and yet we lived on it and we saved the required amount and we bought our new home after just 3 years.  I would hope to never have to do that again.  In the future I would always figure out what I need to live and then add 15% for 'whatthehell" moments.

Now back to your topic.  You have forgotten the category of "bags, belts, shoes and accessories"  which will be huge if your wife is a typical filipina.  There should be a separate category for clothes and another category for "walking around money" which would have an entry for both you and wife.

Hope this helps, or if not then I hope it was an interesting read  :morning1:

Thanks Dave Allowance for each is a good category.

For me this budget list is not something I want to follow closely.  I just wanted it for a one time thing to make a list of expenses to give me an idea of how far my monthly will go,...or not.

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Cable

Internet

Water

Sewer

Car Fuel

Cable  = TV?

I miss these positions:

/Driving car costs aren't only fuel and insurance. You need repairs and new tires now and then.

/You need to buy things now and then e g TV can break, but add several cheap things also.

Okay good idea,

Auto Repirs/Maintaince

For me th buy things now and then would come from savings when available!

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

post-686-0-68435300-1437231750_thumb.jpg  Or this one, with another type of service on weekends.....he, he.

Hey Danny (Intrepid),

Very comprehensive list to go by.  Excellent itemized planning for a move of your lifetime.  Not only that, it's a move of your lifestyle that will have many changing variables and priorities, especially during the first several months upon arrival to your new home in Laguna, Luzon.   

From my experience, you can't really put a dollar sign next to being patient or being flexible.  Many times, you have to go with the flow, otherwise your health may be affected.  You can't really put a price on health, can you?

Edited by Jake
  • Like 2