Need A Recommendation For My Parents

Mike In Canada
Posted
Posted

My parents have decided they would like to visit the Philippines this winter for holidays. My father is 73 and mother 69. They want to stay 2 months total in February and March. One month at 2 different places. They need a 4 to 5* resort, they don't want to cook and need the sea and a pool. They will want international standards but will not want to spend the rates of the Shangri La Boracay. They have been to Boracay all ready during my wedding so a different island will be better. Any recommendations that won't cost an arm an a leg, a nice boutique hotel or resort with foreigners in town. How is Dumaguete or Palawan, or any other suggestions.

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I'll check back here in a day or more.

I'm interested in the same.

chris49
Posted
Posted

My parents have decided they would like to visit the Philippines this winter for holidays. My father is 73 and mother 69. They want to stay 2 months total in February and March. One month at 2 different places. They need a 4 to 5* resort, they don't want to cook and need the sea and a pool. They will want international standards but will not want to spend the rates of the Shangri La Boracay. They have been to Boracay all ready during my wedding so a different island will be better. Any recommendations that won't cost an arm an a leg, a nice boutique hotel or resort with foreigners in town. How is Dumaguete or Palawan, or any other suggestions.

Hannah's Beach Pagudpud. Apo Idon Beach Resort. Research that first.

Dumaguete, Palawan, those places are way too far away to send your elderly parents.

Pagugpud, Ilocos Norte, has everything those places offer without the glamour factor. I had a look at this place, but did not yet stay. I found it to be charming. We might go in March.

In Feb, off season rates will apply, but not in March.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Check out "Casa de Filipina's" in Bataan. I think I wrote a review of it. Might not be what they are looking for, but I really enjoyed it. And the ASEAN conference is going to use it this November if that means anything lol.

• Like 1

BigMook
Posted
Posted

Crimson resort in mactan,cebu would run about $7,000 usd per month. Decent area and near international airport for trips to other areas or countries if desired. Enough high end resorts around for western food too.

I never apologize. I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I never apologize. I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am.

I just googled to find out that is a Homer Simpson quote.  Cute.

Anyway, on topic, at 73 and 69 your parents are not what 'we' would consider old.  My 80 year old mother will be staying at the Fairmont Makati for a few days in October and she only paid about 10,000 pesos a night so that is one choice.  On a lesser budget, there are lots of older couples visiting Dumaguete and staying at regular 3 star hotels for about 2,000 pesos a night and they seem to like it.  Not a lot of luxury but there is a probability of bumping into other retired white couples if they stroll along the boulevard.  They may like a couple of nights at the Mangodlong Paradise Beach Resort in San Francisco, Camotes Island.  A 4 and a half star on a nice beach for only about 3,000 a night but there is not much else to do there but eat, sit on the beach, stroll around, or swim in the pool.

Of course there are many places your parents would love but these are just a few.

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted (edited)

Not sure exactly what they are looking for and if city life is okay.  A really nice hotel with great pool and close to Festival Mall and a lot of different resaruants is the Crimson Hotel in Alabang.  We spent a week last year and it is defently 4*+  The rooms are giant as well as the bathrooms.  New and clean.  It is easy walking to the Festival Mall,...just across the street.  Other places within walking distance also.  Just no beach nearby.  Many places for them to see around the city and also in Laguna.  If they would be interested in renting a furnished condo in the same area I can recommend a nice place we stayed also *(PM me if you would like the name and number).  It is just two blocks for the same mall.  The condo building is next door to the Parque Espana Hotel, which I have also stayed and is a very nice hotel.   But the Crimson is newer and maybe half star better.

Edited by intrepid
  • Like 1