Guy F.

Lot For Sale, 500 Sqm, Songculan, Panglao, Bohol

We own 1,500 sqm.  The entire lot is a rectangle which is slightly narrower at one end. We will sell 500 sqm of it, at the narrower end. It would be about 20m x 25m. We will need to get it re-surveyed before making an all-out effort to sell it. I am posting this here and now to give my friends advance notice, in hope of getting a better neighbor than I might find through other means. We will ask one million pesos.

It's really a choice piece of real estate. When we first started looking for land to buy I expected to settle for some place I'd be able to tolerate. We found a place I am truly excited about living on.

It's semi-rural but only 15 minutes from Island City Mall and the seaport. It's at 155 feet of elevation but only 5 or 10 minutes from the nearest beach.

Regarding the photo: the land we are selling is on the other side of the trees. It looks exactly like what is in the foreground. One dwarf coconut tree is included along with several recently planted trees.

If there is any interest I can post more photos or provide more information.

post-2710-0-14902300-1437355481_thumb.jp

Edited by Guy F.
  • Like 2

Guy,

Worth explaining acess to highway, water etc etc.

regards JB

• Like 1

Whats the price your looking for?

• Like 1

Whats the price your looking for?

We own 1,500 sqm. The entire lot is a rectangle which is slightly narrower at one end. We will sell 500 sqm of it, at the narrower end. It would be about 20m x 25m. We will need to get it re-surveyed before making an all-out effort to sell it. I am posting this here and now to give my friends advance notice, in hope of getting a better neighbor than I might find through other means. We will ask one million pesos.
  • Like 1

It's maybe 25 meters to the barangay road. A generous right of way (4 meters wide) was included by the seller when we bought it. It runs up one of the long sides of the lot(s). It turns and goes to some undeveloped lots. It's been marked with mahons (cement survey markers) but needs to be cleared of vegetation and a small rock outcropping (I estimate 2m x 3m and less than 1m high) must be removed. Everyone has been taking a slight detour and so far whoever owns that small piece of land has not complained. The right of way has a dead end so it should never have much traffic.

We were told lots nearby lots have been sold to people living in England, Japan and Australia. Two different Swiss gents have houses within sight. There are not many houses within sight yet.

It has location, location and location. As best I recall it's about 30 minutes from Alona Beach, 15 minutes to good snorkeling and an hour from World Class snorkeling and scuba diving. It's 15 minutes to The Bohol Bee Farm, where there is great ice cream, some of the best coffee I've ever had, and the best salad I've ever had. As I mentioned in the OP, Island City Mall is 15 minutes away. BQ Mall and CPG Avenue are 10 minutes away. Cebu is 2 hours away on one of the faster ferryboats.

Last January I dropped by a few times at night to check the noise level. It's quieter than I had dared to hope except for Friday & Saturday, when music was loud. The wife says "No it wasn't noisy. It was Sunday, that's family day. They like to turn up the radio."

There will never be a drainage problem. The lot is slightly higher than surrounding land on 3 sides and elevation on the 4th side is the same for at least 200m.

We are bringing electricity and water from the barangay road. It's not done yet. I decided drilling a well would cost too much, given the place is at 155 feet above sea level. It would be about 210 feet to the water table.

The barangay roads in the vicinity actually have lights! The roads are not well lit by Western standards but there is a light on a pole every hundred meters more or less.

fred, feel free to correct any of my guesstimates. :)

Edited by Guy F.
  • Like 2

Is this land titled?

I never apologize. I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am.

• Like 1

We have a legitimate, proper title. A surveyor would be needed in order to subdivide it.

• Like 3

If only , i would love to see it, my dream is to be in Bohol or Panglao , but Ems feels its not her home but i try to tell her Ems England was not your home too,

This is my problem i have to go where my wife feels comfortable that is so important if i am happy she is if she is happy i am ,

• Like 2

If only , i would love to see it, my dream is to be in Bohol or Panglao , but Ems feels its not her home but i try to tell her Ems England was not your home too, This is my problem i have to go where my wife feels comfortable that is so important if i am happy she is if she is happy i am ,

We considered acquiring our retirement home in Bohol, and went for a visit.  Bohol is lovely, but my wife did not think that she would feel as at home in Bohol as she would in a Tagalog speaking area.  She would be viewed as an outsider. 

I myself got the same feeling.

Very nice quiet area,very centrally located,very accurate description and very reasonably priced.. IMHO.

BTW Guy.. drove past the other day and your build seems to be coming on splendidly..Even viewed from a distance. 

Edited by fred
  • Like 1