Too Many Available And "interested" Filipinas. How Do.........

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

Without mentioning names, there is a gentleman living in Dumaguete who is in the same boat and he seems to do just fine.

I must concur, Bob..and note that he share's your avatar's dapper looks (IMO) and still manages quite well. Yes, he's a good example of one with a good personality that can land that unicorn in the land of eye candy.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I used it to my advantage today.   I made some sarcastic remark as we were leaving the house and my wife got pissed - she thought I was complaining.  I simply told her to get a sense of humor becasue she will know when I am complaining.  But she was acting mad.... and I don't play that tampo game.  So I walked on ahead of her, smiling and talking to all the pretty girls on the street.  By the time we got to the jeepney stop (about 300 meters and 6 girls) she was all smiles again, and hanging on my arm.   :tiphat: 

• Like 5

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Hello again,

Being from sunny southern California I have a deep tan. I get mistaken for a Filipino often. Cashiers speak to me in Visayan and I just look at my wife and ask, " what did she say?"

The same with others. It happens a lot.

I remember a guy in So Cal who was brown skinned naturally.

He had a t-shirt on that read, " SORRY, I DON'T SPEAK  SPANISH I'M SAMOAN"

That's what I should get a t-shirt that reads, "SORRY I DON'T SPEAK VISAYAN I'M AMERICAN"

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Question Expat family? I will be a single man in my early 50's retiring to the PI. I read a post on here the other day that said that most Filipinas prefer white men. That kinda bummed me out as I am half Mexican/Filipino with dark brown features. I consider myself a well dressed good looking guy. Will I be looked at as just another Filipino or is there hope for this California raised half breed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lets see..... Good looking single American guy early 50's moving to Philippines. 

Ding Ding Ding Jackpot. You my friend are gonna be a popular man.

Once the local ladies find you are a good guy with a reasonable income you will attract many nice Filipinas.

• Like 1

Vince Runza
Posted
Posted

I've always attracted attention to myself (the hostile kind, mostly). It's like I'm some kind of foreign species, which requires people to yell imprecations at me from passing cars (had it happen Thursday evening). Back in the day, my 12th grade English teacher, who saw this in me, gave me a copy of Herman Hesse's 'Demian', about a young man who had the Mark of Cain on his forehead. The character Demian did nothing in particular to attract attention, but people (troll and goblin types), were hostile to him.

Now that I am aged, I can handle this kind of attention with aplomb. I'm definitely looking forward to visiting a land where my natural trait will be a positive, rather than a negative. BTW, I'm quite White-looking, tall, and well-spoken. The last part may be offputting to Filipinas with scant English skills.

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
and well-spoken. The last part may be offputting to Filipinas with scant English skills.

Nah, they are fine with well spoken.... just not long spoken ha ha.  Short, simple, sentences are best.  A lot of them get nosebleed easily.  :tiphat:

• Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted
well-spoken. The last part may be offputting to Filipinas with scant English skills.

You are in for surprise, its amazing how well they speak very good English, yes a little twang to it nothing like how we speak, to much slang in our words , my Ems speaks beautiful English, proper no what nahmean  :thumbsup: 

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I've always attracted attention to myself (the hostile kind, mostly). It's like I'm some kind of foreign species, which requires people to yell imprecations at me from passing cars (had it happen Thursday evening). Back in the day, my 12th grade English teacher, who saw this in me, gave me a copy of Herman Hesse's 'Demian', about a young man who had the Mark of Cain on his forehead. The character Demian did nothing in particular to attract attention, but people (troll and goblin types), were hostile to him.

Now that I am aged, I can handle this kind of attention with aplomb. I'm definitely looking forward to visiting a land where my natural trait will be a positive, rather than a negative. BTW, I'm quite White-looking, tall, and well-spoken. The last part may be offputting to Filipinas with scant English skills.

Yes, we were also warned about you.  :hystery:  :th_unfair:

• Like 1

Petey
Posted
Posted

Im married so im not looking for fun but to answer the OP Ive never been given a 1st or 2nd look - ever. Ive been here getting on for 3yrs. How i look at the situation is that people over the age of 40, they are a target for scamming and under 40 your a risk.

People will talk to my daughter and ignore me - not even a hello or kiss my a$$.... nothing. Ive tried so hard to come here with an open mind and to be social, but when i get a blank look, or total disinterest i just give up.

Many people have said that Filipinos are warm and welcoming people, and they are when they want something from me.

Yes. I am very synical and sceptical of these people. Ive spent the last 2 days helping a neighbour out with getting him back to America because of a family dispute. He sold up and moved here - invested and lost everything!

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
He sold up and moved here - invested and lost everything!

bet you that he was not a member of this forum or any others,

AND that he didnt do his "homework" (plannning)

I am sure he didnt have a "back up "plan either.    

• Like 3