Too Many Available And "interested" Filipinas. How Do.........

Petey
Posted
Posted

He was a seasoned travler. I'm not sure how many times he had visited here, but im guessing not many because i was helping with all his visa renewals, ACR-i Card and trying to do his banking stuff.

I don't think he was registered here, but he did research laws etc.

He said he xfered money to the ladies accounts and she ended up cleaning it out. From the impression i got there was a lot of money taken. I mean when he dropped on me that he needed 500k changed 5hrs before his flight - i had to pull a few strings to get most of it changed.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Ive never been given a 1st or 2nd look - ever. Ive been here getting on for 3yrs.

Have you stayed in Manila the whole 3 years?  I'm thinking that foreigners in Manila are treated WAY different that foreigners in the smaller cities and rural areas.  I have dated girls from Manila who told me they never date foreigners in Manila but when they come to the provinces they like to because its real status in the provinces to date a foreigner but in Manila no one cares.

So I have been told.  Anyone else want to comment about girls in Manila vs girls everywhere else?

• Like 3

Petey
Posted
Posted

Ive only ever lived in Manila. I have traveled around a little, but having to much stuff going on with getting banking and developer issue ( which i will post up about once everything is sorted ).

Manila people, male and female are very cold towards me. Living here is very isolating at times. But rite now i have no real option to grin and bare it and make do for now - but it doesnt make it any easier :/

Thomas
Posted
Posted (edited)
Ive tried so hard to come here with an open mind and to be social, but when i get a blank look, or total disinterest i just give up. Many people have said that Filipinos are warm and welcoming people, and they are when they want something from me. Yes. I am very synical and sceptical of these people.

But your profile say your are in MANILA...  :)

It isn't odd people in big cities DON'T BOTHER about people.

While people in villages and small towns are often friendly

OR territorial hostile specialy if a foreigner catch a LOCAL beauty  :)

Edit:  Oh now I see Dave had that thought before me  :)

Edited by Thomas
  • Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted

Ive never been given a 1st or 2nd look - ever. Ive been here getting on for 3yrs.

Have you stayed in Manila the whole 3 years?  I'm thinking that foreigners in Manila are treated WAY different that foreigners in the smaller cities and rural areas.  I have dated girls from Manila who told me they never date foreigners in Manila but when they come to the provinces they like to because its real status in the provinces to date a foreigner but in Manila no one cares.

So I have been told.  Anyone else want to comment about girls in Manila vs girls everywhere else?

I dated or had relationships with quite a few. 2005-2009. I found it very unusual to met a girls who did not have a child, 1-2 kids. I found the attitude to be along the order of "I have kids, so you have to help me"

Provincial girls are much more conservative. They might still have their needs, but they are much more likely to enter a traditional relationship. Probably looking for marriage, but willing to play it out over a period of time. Manila girls have no time for that, they go for the quick hit.

stevewool
Posted
Posted
So I have been told. Anyone else want to comment about girls in Manila vs girls everywhere else?

I dare not  comment, she would chop my balls off

• Like 4

Petey
Posted
Posted

Sure people in the city have different attitudes to others around them, same in any country. But bear in mind I don't live in all of Manila. I live in a small community in a subdivision. Manila is made up of a number of other cities - which I'm sure your aware of.

So out and about doing my normal day to day stuff I don't expect or want people swooning all over me, but in the local community a little light convo wouldn't go a miss. Like I said, I'm married and not looking for a girlfriend or boyfriend for that matter. But people who see you day to day go out of their way to ignore you or avoid you really leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Question Expat family? I will be a single man in my early 50's retiring to the PI. I read a post on here the other day that said that most Filipinas prefer white men. That kinda bummed me out as I am half Mexican/Filipino with dark brown features. I consider myself a well dressed good looking guy. Will I be looked at as just another Filipino or is there hope for this California raised half breed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Half Mexican means Spanish blood. The women love the Spanish. Many claim to have Spanish blood. It might help if you know some Spanish words. I'm also from so Cal and I know a lot of Spanish. I was raised in a mixed neighborhood. You won't have any trouble at all. You are a foreigner. You have a lot going for you already. GOOD LUCK

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Sure people in the city have different attitudes to others around them, same in any country. But bear in mind I don't live in all of Manila. I live in a small community in a subdivision. Manila is made up of a number of other cities - which I'm sure your aware of.
A subdivision in Metro Manila is in a big city too  :) 
people who see you day to day go out of their way to ignore you or avoid you really leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.
You can solve it by moving to a small village, there they will do the opposite "to much" :)

Vince Runza
Posted
Posted

well-spoken. The last part may be offputting to Filipinas with scant English skills.

You are in for surprise, its amazing how well they speak very good English, yes a little twang to it nothing like how we speak, to much slang in our words , my Ems speaks beautiful English, proper no what nahmean  :thumbsup:

Know whatcha mean~!