Us Military Challenge Coins

jon1
Posted
Posted

I ran across these on Facebook today (made me immediately think of Jake) and got to thinking about military member's who received a Unit Challenge Coin while stationed in the Philippines.

I was wondering if some you fellows who had been stationed here that received some of these coins, might be interested in posting some pics and sharing the history.

post-3196-0-11556400-1438621828_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

I ran across these on Facebook today (made me immediately think of Jake) and got to thinking about military member's who received a Unit Challenge Coin while stationed in the Philippines.

I was wondering if some you fellows who had been stationed here that received some of these coins, might be interested in posting some pics and sharing the history.

Unfortunately no....but I do have some history with photos but they've rated beyond PG...he, he.
  • Like 3

jon1
Posted
Posted

All of my coins are rated G! hahaha  I think as a result of a more PC military (post 2000)....

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Interesting. When did Challenge Coins come about? Must have been well after Nam.

Hmmm.......... Jake, I have a few pictures of back in da day that could be posted. I will if you do. :dance:  :10001:

Edited by Old55

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

I would bring all my coins home, throw em in a box. One day I was going to add another and the box was empty. I really didn't care that much but when I asked my wife where they were she said...."they were the perfect size and weight, so I sewed them on the bottom of the curtains as weights". :1 (103):

• Like 4

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
When did Challenge Coins come about? Must have been well after Nam.

I never saw them when I was in the USMC 78-85. When I went into the army in 90 was when I first started seeing them

• Like 1

jon1
Posted
Posted

Here are some patches that might bring some memories back for some of you.

post-3196-0-78874700-1439018435_thumb.jp

• Like 1

jon1
Posted
Posted

Here are some more memories... 

post-3196-0-80584800-1439154918_thumb.jp

post-3196-0-56783000-1439154925_thumb.jp

post-3196-0-21391300-1439154933_thumb.jp

• Like 1