My Camiguin Beaut

bows00
Posted
Posted

i just met a girl online from the small island of Camiguin.  It got serious, really fast.  I don't know anything about the area, but the internet pictures are beautiful.  Being so close to Mindanao, I do have my concerns...

Does anybody know if it is safe for Americans to visit there?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I have heard of lots of Americans living there so it must be safe.  Never been there myself but if you move there I'll come visit  :dance:

• Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted

Think the only danger that may involve you is the girl herself unless you have done your home work.

Seriously though, it's really nice there, beaches not great but lots water falls, forests, yup the real ones and heaps to do. Ardent hot springs is great to relax in.

Many large and small resorts scattered all over, recommend rent a small scooter for a few days to look around.

Cebu pacific offer some super cheap flights, although the air port is small there has been no plane crash for a few years now.

Good luck .....

• Like 4

chris49
Posted
Posted

i just met a girl online from the small island of Camiguin.  It got serious, really fast.  I don't know anything about the area, but the internet pictures are beautiful.  Being so close to Mindanao, I do have my concerns...

Put up pictures so we may advise you further.

Put up pictures so we may advise you further.

davewe
Posted
Posted

We were there two months ago. It is very beautiful and completely safe. IMO the fears of Mindanao are overblown but certainly they don't include other islands.

So visiting Camiguin will be a blast. As to living there, it depends on your perspective. I can imagine a younger guy not liking it - not enough excitement. But for an older type like me - it's quite beautiful and plenty exciting.

• Like 3

bows00
Posted
Posted

I can imagine a younger guy not liking it - not enough excitement. But for an older type like me - it's quite beautiful and plenty exciting.

It might be just the ticket I was looking for. I am planning a trip there after I finish my business in Guam. Thanks for the info.

Yeah, so far after my limited research, it does seem relatively safe. I will definitely go check her out.

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

Is the girl originally from there. Originally from the exact place she's chatting to you from. My intuition says ingats ka. A. She wants a way out. B. She is not from there, needs help to get back home.

Any chance of a meeting in neutral territory? Like by boat to the nearest mutually accessable point.

AXXXX, an incredibly naïve 65 yo old Aussie, been in 3 relationships, burned thrice. Recently went through a typhoon and a landslide to meet his latest internet friend, in Benguet above Baguio. He had to wait for his pension to make the hazardous trip up there. But he said he was in love, "this girl is different" First night the temperature dropped to 5. Second day the girls husband appeared.

AXXXX is currently back in Manila staying with a mate and waiting his next pension.

• Like 2

bows00
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the warning. Will definitely take things really slow. Based on what I know so far, she is a local resident living with mom and sister and is a strong Catholic (which doesn't say much since that's about 99% of the Filipina's in the Philippines).

I also understand I could be facing a jail sentence if I fool around with a married Filipina.

• Like 2

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted

Married?