Where To Buy Computer Ram?

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

I really need to upgrade the ram in a laptop I have but I am not sure where to buy ram in the Tanauan area.

Thanks

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

That's what I need.  In fact, that is one of my things to do today. There is an OCTAGON Computer store at the local mall here. I wonder if they would also install the RAM that I buy there.

Good Luck

My present laptop is going on 4 years.

• Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted (edited)

That's what I need. In fact, that is one of my things to do today. There is an OCTAGON Computer store at the local mall here. I wonder if they would also install the RAM that I buy there.

Good Luck

Thanks, mind telling me which mall? There are a bunch of small computer shops in the malls here but whenever I ask for something they never have it unless something very generic. I don't want to waste time going from store to store again.

My work laptop is from 2010. It is huge and heavy but has 8 gigs of ram and an i7cpu plus ssd drives. It is pretty quick. The laptop I want to upgrade we just bought recently. It only has 2 gigs of ram.. We only paid $300 for it though.

Edited by Richieboy67
  • Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

That's what I need. In fact, that is one of my things to do today. There is an OCTAGON Computer store at the local mall here. I wonder if they would also install the RAM that I buy there.

Good Luck

Thanks, mind telling me which mall? There are a bunch of small computer shops in the malls here but whenever I ask for something they never have it unless something very generic. I don't want to waste time going from store to store again.

My work laptop is from 2010. It is huge and heavy but has 8 gigs of ram and an i7cpu plus ssd drives. It is pretty quick. The laptop I want to upgrade we just bought recently. It only has 2 gigs of ram.. We only paid $300 for it though.

OCTAGON stores are at most every large mall. Just ask. They don't sell computers. Just computer parts and accessories. sorry if I mislead you.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

If you know exactly what you want try this site:

http://pcx.com.ph/catalogsearch/result/?q=memory

If you cannot install it yourself then you are stuck going to the laptop repair shops.  They stock very little but can order what you need from that site.

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Good Luck

OCTAGON stores are at most every large mall. Just ask. They don't sell computers. Just computer parts and accessories. sorry if I mislead you.
No misleading friend! Thanks so much for your help. [emoji1]
  • Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Good Morning , Hey I checked at Octagon yesterday. They have 4G stick for 1875Pesos but they do not install. They directed me to a Toshiba Service Center. They said it is easy if you know how. and it only takes less than 5 minutes.

However, they did  warn to make sure I bought the right stick that is compatible with my Toshiba laptop.

I hope this works for you. I'm going to get mine upgraded soon.

Good Luck

• Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted (edited)

Good Morning , Hey I checked at Octagon yesterday. They have 4G stick for 1875Pesos but they do not install. They directed me to a Toshiba Service Center. They said it is easy if you know how. and it only takes less than 5 minutes.

However, they did warn to make sure I bought the right stick that is compatible with my Toshiba laptop.

Good Luck

Thanks! I may go check it out tomorrow if they have one at S M.

I'll change it myself. It is just a matter of removing a couple screws.

I would just love to order stuff online here but my place does not even have a number. What's up with that anyways? No mail boxes here, no mail? I sure miss Amazon prime. :(

Edited by Richieboy67
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
my place does not even have a number. What's up with that anyways?

Try asking your landlord what the legal address is.  Many places have an address but seldom use it.  A lot of times, when I get something delivered, they don't care what the address is but they want a map.

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

However, they did warn to make sure I bought the right stick that is compatible with my Toshiba laptop.

Good Luck

Thanks! I may go check it out tomorrow if they have one at S M.

I'll change it myself. It is just a matter of removing a couple screws.

I would just love to order stuff online here but my place does not even have a number. What's up with that anyways? No mail boxes here, no mail? I sure miss Amazon prime. :(

Just one more little thing. You may have to "reformat" your laptop. This, I'm told takes 4 to 6 hours. Otherwise you will have more RAM but not benefit from it.  Check  it out to see if the information I received is accurate.

Again, Good Luck

• Like 1