Where To Buy Computer Ram?

Mike S
Posted
Posted

If you need help getting into your laptop just go to YouTube and type in your make and model number and there will usually be several videos to watch ..... years ago the first time I disassembled one of my old laptops I got the info off YouTube ....

There may only look like a few screws but many times there is hidden items that may need to be left alone or damage to the laptop may result .... be sure and note which screws go where as some maybe a little bit longer and serve a special purpose ..... 

That being said I'm sure you can do it just watch the videos and take your time ..... remember if it doesn't open or work don't force it ..... JMHO ....

:cheersty:

• Like 2

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Good Morning , Hey I checked at Octagon yesterday. They have 4G stick for 1875Pesos but they do not install. They directed me to a Toshiba Service Center. They said it is easy if you know how. and it only takes less than 5 minutes.

However, they did warn to make sure I bought the right stick that is compatible with my Toshiba laptop.

I hope this works for you. I'm going to get mine upgraded soon.

Good Luck

Thanks! I may go check it out tomorrow if they have one at S M.

I'll change it myself. It is just a matter of removing a couple screws.

I would just love to order stuff online here but my place does not even have a number. What's up with that anyways? No mail boxes here, no mail? I sure miss Amazon prime. :(

Just one more little thing. You may have to "reformat" your laptop. This, I'm told takes 4 to 6 hours. Otherwise you will have more RAM but not benefit from it. Check it out to see if the information I received is accurate.

Again, Good Luck

Reformating usually means basically wiping your harddrive clean. I would only do that before a clean install.

There are may background processes that will hog ram though so it is a good idea to disable some of those.

• 5 months later...
robert k
Posted
Posted

Gratefuled probably has/had a 32 bit system which would not have benefitted from more ram as a 64 bit system would have. If your system was 64 bit to begin with you should not need to format but you may need to go into settings or possibly the bios to enable all the ram you have installed. I installed 16GB on my desktop and windows was only seeing 7GB with windows 7 64 bit. I fixed it in settings. Restart required.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
rachelsantos
Posted
Posted

Try searching online from olx or sulit. U can also find one from computer stores in malls. If you get one online and cant replace it with the old one your self, you can get computer technicians online too! I recommend tech guys from Gawin.ph they help out on my cousins computer shop and they did really good!

• 1 year later...
Seth
Posted
Posted
On 8/5/2015 at 9:00 AM, Gratefuled said:

OCTAGON stores are at most every large mall. Just ask. They don't sell computers. Just computer parts and accessories. sorry if I mislead you.

Yes you can't go wrong with OCTAGON. If your local area don't have one, the third floor of every mall seems to carry that stuff.