Blacklisted?

chris49
Posted
Posted

Get on a plane and go here. If you were blocked at Immigration, the carrier airline must take you back to the point of embarkation.

Are you sure? that would only be the case if the person was allowed to board without an onward ticket.  The airlines are not responsible for other immigration matters.

Pulling that from my Saudi years JGF. Where Saudi had a specific visa, and if there was something wrong with it, the airline, also Saudia had to return you. So not sure if it applies here.

But does apply is the onward ticket, so the situation is covered, right?

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
onward ticket

Isn't that one of the main reasons for the onward ticket? Just in case a passenger is not allowed into the country the airline is not on the hook for getting the passenger out of the country? I know that of all the times I flew into the country the only folks who checked that I had an onward ticket were airline employees at the point of departure. If immigration at NAIA ever cared I never knew about it.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
That is an excellent question which I think we all overlooked

Is it even possible for a filipino to be blacklisted from returning to his own country?

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
How do you change your passport mid flight?

I have read of lots of filipinas who leave the US on a US passport then change to a Philippine passport mid flight.  Is that what you mean?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Is it even possible for a filipino to be blacklisted from returning to his own country?

I guess Dave it depends on how long he has been away and needs to repatriate. I believe they term it as " Returning Filipinos." ie

long term OFW's

JP :tiphat:

chris49
Posted
Posted

I guess Dave it depends on how long he has been away and needs to repatriate. I believe they term it as " Returning Filipinos." ie

long term OFW's

JP :tiphat:

A passport holder of any country eg a citizen cannot be denied entry even if his passport has expired. Sourced from the Australian Embassy Web Site (Manila). Of course this is a rare occurence, but but could be the citizen is carrying 2 passports eg a US Passport which validates him being allowed on the plane. Or in the case of an Aussie there's a travel letter issued at the embassy to allow emergency travel on an expired passport.

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

Get on a plane and go here. If you were blocked at Immigration, the carrier airline must take you back to the point of embarkation.

Are you sure? that would only be the case if the person was allowed to board without an onward ticket.  The airlines are not responsible for other immigration matters.

I'm sure enough because I have an anecdotal situation with my former wife who did not have a valid visa for the Philippines and she carried a passport not on the automatic visa entry to Phils. Per Qantas they would not allow her to travel despite having a valid ticket. They did however reroute the trip via Jakarta, which did not have a visa requirement for her. Sydney-Manila-Riyadh was rerouted Sydney-Jakarta- Riyadh. Crazy because on the first leg of the trip Riyadh-Manila she had a Philippines visa but she used it and had no visa for the return leg.

When I argued this the Qantas Ground Supervisor said if the passenger was refused entry the airline would be responsible.

Here's another source. Of course the airline will not allow this to happen, but it might.

What happens when you book a flight to a country you don't have a visa for?

In general, the airline won't let you get on the plane. If you are refused entry to a country upon arrival, it is the airline's responsibility to return you to your place of origin, so they have an interest in confirming that you hold the correct visa for your destination (if required).

But they do mention.

Not just a visa; most airlines will also require you to present proof of onward travel unless you are a resident of the destination country.

Which would almost preclude the no visa/no entry. But then what if the passenger was actually blacklisted but didn't know it.

Edited by chris49

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

We could go around in Circles on this as with many things but the one thing I would worry about is if there is an Arrest Warrant waiting for me on Arrival, Scary thought but................... :3_12_31[1]:  :89:

JP  :tiphat:

Morning all, :morning1:  ( They all in Church so I am loose on the keyboard) :thumbs-up-smile:

• Like 1

Chopper1050
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Here is what happened. My wife, who is also a Cebuana got out of hand and I asked her to go home. I paid for the ticket and she left. While she was there and I was in China, she opened my email and sent herself a message saying I was going to kill or hurt her. I dont know becasue she also deleteted the sent box version and emptied my trash. She went and filed a RA-9232 or whatever it is - violences against women etc... and now she says if I want to come there only she can remove my name from the blacklist. She has aksed for money and I sent it but then she asks for more. I have seen a photo of her at the police station and I hae seen a report but I dont know if it was ever filed or not - filed by the police or judge to the NBI and if a blacklist has my name.

I have called and emailed the embassy and they told me they may have an incomplete list of names on the blacklist.

I honestly want to go there becasue she has had our baby and we are married and she says - send me more money and she will life my name off. I jsut dont trust her - that she can really lift my name off it is is on the list and if it is not on the list then how do I know.

I have sent lawyers questions and thye want from 20,000 to 80,000 to find out - this is silly. There must be some way of knowing without paying this much.

I honestyly want to go there and I have my church and my hospital (I am 58) and have a heart conditon and artificaial hips and need to go THERE to get my doctor who knows me.

So, my storey and you can blieve it or not- it is true. I love my wife and I want to make this work but I dont know how if I cant get there. I am  a devout Cathilic and this is one reason I love the ROP..

Thanks for any help you can give me.

You love your wife ? That extorted money from you? Filed a case against you? ( face palm). This is where the question is asked. Are you sure the child is your?

calasiaobound
Posted
Posted

Easy easy easy to show where the email she supposedly sent to herself from your email account originated from. IP addresses.. Etc. Not a computer expert but have seen idiots trying this in the past.. Only to fall flat on their faces. If this is her main evidence against you..its easily squashed.

• Like 1