Austrian Shot To Death By Unknown Suspect, Panglao Bohol.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
Are you suspicious also?

quote name='Guy F.' timestamp='1439302173' post='155242'] 48 years old Let me put on my "Law and Order"/"Miss Marple" hat on.

To young to be receiving a pension and unless he was independently wealthy, most likely living on the hustle.

live-in partner

Not married, no real traditional or  permanent ties to family or friends.

P20,000 cash

Not really that much money (to usbut google map shows the area to be way out in the sticks, so............

one gunshot wound in the head

A crime of passion, ie road rage, jilted boyfriend or a startled robber (points a gun, demands the money, victim resists, robber shoots) usually aim center mass. A shot to the head suggests close up, perhaps known to the victim or surprise.

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Another possibility.

Who knows why he was shot and killed. Maybe police that responded to the call stole some of his money or all of it. 

• Like 1

fred
Posted
Posted

Think I read he withdrew cash from BPI in Alona..Lots of Habal habal sitting on their bikes outside that bank texting..

Sounds like he was withdrawing cash to pay wages for his construction workers..

Some say it was one of the workers but who really knows.

The Chronicle seem to have hidden the story on Sunday on a small article on page 2 and continued on page 30 something. its like they don't want anyone to notice.

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Think I read he withdrew cash from BPI in Alona..Lots of Habal habal sitting on their bikes outside that bank texting..

The Chronicle seem to have hidden the story on Sunday on a small article on page 2 and continued on page 30 something. its like they don't want anyone to notice.

This was my first thought as well. He was followed from bank and murdered for the payroll or construction goods. This story will likely go away quickly just another Foreigner murder.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
The victim was about to leave his residence at around 1:45pm last Saturday to visit an ongoing project site Sunshine Village at Brgy.

This project will have some bearing on the case I think.

• Like 3

fred
Posted
Posted

This was my first thought as well. He was followed from bank and murdered for the payroll or construction goods. This story will likely go away quickly just another Foreigner murder.

I have just read that there are posters offering a 50K reward.

50K is a lot of money here!

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I have just read that there are posters offering a 50K reward. 50K is a lot of money here!

Hmmmmmmmmmm probably 3 Times what the Shooter Got. Hope this does not turn out to be a Doyle thing again.

JP :tiphat:

• Like 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)

The last guy who did a similar robbery on that end of the island (no murder) was caught in short order. Can't find the story now, but it involved a construction payroll courier on a motorcycle. The perpetrator was one of the construction workers, who was arrested a short time later at a nearby resort after being identified by witnesses.

Edited by Guy F.
  • Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Another possibility.

Who knows why he was shot and killed. Maybe police that responded to the call stole some of his money or all of it. 

You  can't rule out his g/f. Maybe she had a hand in it and set him up. She knew his wealth, how much he was carrying and probably his PIN for his BPI account.

• Like 3

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Another possibility.

You  can't rule out his g/f. Maybe she had a hand in it and set him up. She knew his wealth, how much he was carrying and probably his PIN for his BPI account.

Always, cherchez la femme. 

I have come to the conclusion that it is a safe working rule that any Filipina in a relationship - local or long distance - probably - meaning more likely than not - has a local boyfriend, that that local boyfriend may be pogi, etc but won't have remunerative employment and will be leaning on her for money.

• Like 1