Get Your Bike Out

mogo51
Posted
Posted (edited)

All recent attempts to contact Mr. Bellavia have been unsuccessful, as he has been admitted to hospital with pulpitations brought about by worry whether he was going to have a heart attack, according to his 20 year old girlfriend.!!!

Edited by mogo51
  • Like 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

All recent attempts to contact Mr. Bellavia have been unsuccessful, as he has been admitted to hospital with pulpitations brought about by worry whether he was going to have a heart attack, according to his 20 year old girlfriend.!!!

It must be all that pumping tyres ( one bike every 15 minutes sold) :no:

But seriously hope the guy is alright. As said worry is a killer.

In the Gym of my nephew is a sign.

No pain, no gain, no brain!

To much exercise can be just as bad as to little exercise.

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I am hoping my sister can ship me my bike (Schwinn Le Tour from like 1987).  The bikes I have seen here are either garbage, or crazy expensive.  I would rather just have mine with me   Biggest problem I have is there are no descent places to ride around my house.  Either really bad dirt roads, or the 2 lane highway... too many jeepneys & Ceres buses there ha ha    :tiphat: 

chris49
Posted
Posted

I am hoping my sister can ship me my bike (Schwinn Le Tour from like 1987).  The bikes I have seen here are either garbage, or crazy expensive.  I would rather just have mine with me   Biggest problem I have is there are no descent places to ride around my house.  Either really bad dirt roads, or the 2 lane highway... too many jeepneys & Ceres buses there ha ha    :tiphat:

Best generic bike market in the world here Tim. Shop around more. Try the Cannondale Super 6 series at 15-16000 pesos. Very good off road. The whole approach to off road is to have a bike with wide tires that can handle the conditions. That's where the enjoyment is and it's safer than riding in traffic. MTB riding does need skills, I rode through traffic in Vigan this AM without much problem

We are getting out tomorrow at 5 30 AM, doing 114 km door to door with 2 breaks, meal and snack.  5 hours on the bike plus an hour. I may get home up to 1 PM. Gina is very happy she will not provide me with lunch. 

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
We are getting out tomorrow at 5 30 AM, doing 114 km door to door with 2 breaks, meal and snack.  5 hours on the bike plus an hour. I may get home up to 1 PM. Gina is very happy she will not provide me with lunch. 

She is very happy now but wait until she gets the hospital bill when you have a heart attack from overexertion.  :th_thholysheep:

I did 114 km when I was 16.  Did it in 5 hours as you suggest, then slept for about 12!!  That long on the bike takes a lot out of you.  Good Luck.  Too much stress for my old ticker.  Thats why I got rid of the last bike I had.  But I may get another for short trips around town.

• Like 5

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
 But I may get another for short trips around town. You like this Unlike

Remember to not overdue...make sure the engine is large enough to propel both you and the snacks and beverages in the basket

chris49
Posted
Posted

She is very happy now but wait until she gets the hospital bill when you have a heart attack from overexertion.  :th_thholysheep:

I did 114 km when I was 16.  Did it in 5 hours as you suggest, then slept for about 12!!  That long on the bike takes a lot out of you.  Good Luck.  Too much stress for my old ticker.  Thats why I got rid of the last bike I had.  But I may get another for short trips around town.

I would have to believe that overexertion is not a cause of heart attacks. Otherwise I wouldn't do it. I have enough training to cover it and I take it as routine.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
. I may get home up to 1 PM.

Are you there yet?  Its 2 PM and you are an hour overdue.  I am concerned as you are either much fitter than most of us or you may not believe that:

If you are not used to regular aerobic exercise, sudden and strenuous physical exertion can lead to a heart attack. This can include everything from playing a competitive game of basketball with friends to going hunting and carrying an animal. Too much exertion could also come from sex with a new partner/sexual activity, running or shoveling snow.

http://health.clevelandclinic.org/2014/01/surprising-heart-attack-triggers/

Let us know you are OK.  

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

. I may get home up to 1 PM.

Are you there yet?  Its 2 PM and you are an hour overdue.  I am concerned as you are either much fitter than most of us or you may not believe that:

If you are not used to regular aerobic exercise, sudden and strenuous physical exertion can lead to a heart attack. This can include everything from playing a competitive game of basketball with friends to going hunting and carrying an animal. Too much exertion could also come from sex with a new partner/sexual activity, running or shoveling snow.

http://health.clevelandclinic.org/2014/01/surprising-heart-attack-triggers/

Let us know you are OK.

I got out at 5:20 AM and reached the meeting point at 6 AM. 20 riders which expanded to 35 over 57 km to Batac, home of Marcos, but therwise a well kept secret. Very old mostly unrestored and that's the beauty of it. There's 2 old churches there that would be major attractions, more on that later. We all had a miki soup there, and everyone took coke and ice water. Chubby waitress well known too us and the staff were very pleased to see us.

We split into 3 groups, I was in C. But C was ahead of B some of the time. In a complex riding arrangement, I skipped the break and I ended up being first rider up to Batac. And later I was the very last rider back. Too much happened on the way back to narrate just now. We took a scenic route back and added 6 km to the total, 120 km, that included my commute back home.

We started back. Now for some reason Group A has another stop and someone ended up getting passed a fake 500 note, more on that also, but I was the one to sort the situation.

Rode well up to 87 km and was pretty much gone after that, so I decided to take a complete rest of 30 mins. So we all stopped, but I didn't continue with the group. I went to a place I knew the owner and had a litre of Minute Maid orange. The owner then invited me for lunch and I had a whole pizza, crunchy home made veggie, very good. It's been a while since I assisted the owners mother to get rabies shots, but they still remember. It looks like I'm in there and that's about 3 times they did not charge me. Mama took a liking to me but she's around 70, so that also.

From 87 km to 120, I had to get home going against the wind and it took me 2 hours with another stop.

I felt ok but had more drinks when I got back, then a lie down. Now 2 cups of tea and feel good. No pain but a few insect bites or scratches, not sure which.

I'm quite well known along the way esp the police and traffic police seem to know me. One of our guys is a cop also but he was on duty today.

I should also mention that over 6-7 moderate hills I was struggling to hold my place and I had to ride hard to get back. I think they eased off, they usually do.

Edited by chris49

stevewool
Posted
Posted

In my dreams i  am i dreaming to have some sort of pick up where we could put the bikes and drive out of the city and enjoy a few hours ridding safe , but then i wake up, could this dream really  happen