You Know When You Are Not Wanted

mogo51
Posted
Posted

There is a new anti farang trick by Thai Immigration just started.  

A friend of mine who has been on a retirement visa for 10 years, lives in mid country Thailand with his partner and has been there for 6 or more years.  He has renewed his visa at the same Immigration Office (130km from where he lives) for that period of time.

Last week he went to renew with his letter of funds stamped by Oz Embassy as usual and passport in order.

His partner was with him.  He was questioned and asked to provide bank statements which are not required when you supply a stat dec for income by Oz Embassy.

They then advised him they would visit his place of residence to verify he lived there.  The first arranged time

they failed to turn up and his partner phoned and they said they were 'too busy'.

They turned up  today, 3 of them all armed, they required the village head man to be there and another from the village to verify that he lived there.  He was told that thet the Army had introduced this system and all 

farangs would be checked every 2 years.  When they left they told him it would take several weeks for the decision to grant the retirement visa is made.

It is little wonder many Farangs are moving to Cambodia and Vietnam.  Philippines may not be too far off if I have to deal with all this nonsense.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

• 2 years later...
kalibojerry
Posted
Posted

THIS IS SO TRUE i WENT THRU THE SAME THING THEY JUST WANT TO BE PAID OFF IT IS ALL ABOUT MONEY YES THEY THREATEN YOU AS THEY WANT YOU TO JUMP AND THEY REALLY DO NOT WANT YOU THERE IN THERE COUNTRY

Castaway
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 8/19/2015 at 2:55 PM, mogo51 said:

Philippines may not be too far off

Who really knows?

With DU30’s strong dislike of Americans [and everyone in the Philippines already knows that all ‘long-noses’ are Americans (Kanos)], this could really be coming to a Barangay near you or me (or anyone of us) in the near future.

Edited by Castaway

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Castaway said:

Who really knows?

homer and the thruth.jpg :smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

CoffeeRulzMe
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Castaway said:

Who really knows?

With DU30’s strong dislike of Americans [and everyone in the Philippines already knows that all ‘long-noses’ are Americans (Kanos)], this could really be coming to a Barangay near you or me (or anyone of us) in the near future.

I guess anything is possible these days.  Wasn't there some talk a while back about (sometime in the future) cancelling local level elections in favor of appointments to assist in the drug war? My memory is a bit sketchy........so I could just be talking nonsense. Dunno.

Edited by CoffeeRulzMe

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, CoffeeRulzMe said:

I guess anything is possible these days.  Wasn't there some talk a while back about (sometime in the future) cancelling local level elections in favor of appointments to assist in the drug war? My memory is a bit sketchy........so I could just be talking nonsense. Dunno.

I think Duterte was on about appointing local officials as previous history shows once elected they tend to remain in power alongside other family members preventing others from having a chance.  Nothing dodgy obviously. The latest is he will appoint officials where he has evidence of involvement in illegal activities, graft, drug dealing, extortion etc. 

Gary D
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I think Duterte was on about appointing local officials as previous history shows once elected they tend to remain in power alongside other family members preventing others from having a chance.  Nothing dodgy obviously. The latest is he will appoint officials where he has evidence of involvement in illegal activities, graft, drug dealing, extortion etc. 

Big changes ahead then.:hystery: