Happy Victory Today

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted

You are probably aware that today, the 3rd of September is the 70th anniversary of the defeat of Japan by China.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-34125418

Fortunately I live far enough out to avoid martial law and being confined to barracks so am heading out for a walk to enjoy the fresh air (pollution is at an all time low).

Watched some of it live but see one ICBM and you've seen them all...

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks for the article.  Interesting that they suggest:

China also claims that it is the "forgotten ally" and that its role in defeating Japan has been underplayed in the post-war narrative.

I wonder, did the Chinese send a fat man or a little boy to Japan?  I heard one or both of those played a role in defeating Japan.  But perhaps after 70 years they have their own fat men and little boys that they want to send to war.  The pics in the article seem to be lacking in sound but I bet they would be saying the Chinese equivalent of Sieg Heil!

I hope the young people in the 'free world' wake up and realize there is trouble brewing but I suspect many will just do their 9 to 5 and not worry about China until it is too late.   :bedtime2: 

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted

It was the surrender of the Japanese forces in China. They surrendered to the thin bald guy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I just finished reading a history of World War 2 and it was very interesting.  It covered the Japanese invasion briefly in the  book, suggesting that the Japs were giving the Chinese a right touch up until they decided to bomb Pearl Harbour.  This of course was

the start of the finish for them, so the Chinese vicgofy was somewhat shallow as the Japanese took heavy tolls in the Pacific.

To suggest they were the forgotten Ally is perhaps a bit tongue in cheek, given that within a few small years,they took on UN and US forces in North Korea.  Look at the monster it produced!   Glad their not my Ally.

• Like 2