Port To Sta Rosa Mover Recommendation

intrepid
Posted
Posted

This may be a long shot but does anyone have a recommendation for a moving company.  Household goods from the port in Manila to Sta Rosa Laguna.  I have done some internet searching and found a few but would feel better with a recommendation.  Mostly large boxes, about 25,  and a large tool cabinet.  Hopefully a company that may be able to help with the customs clearance.  I'll have all the documents but it would be nice if the movers had some knowledge and hekp with customs.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Silly question Int? Who is moving your stuff from the states to Manila?

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Silly question Int? Who is moving your stuff from the states to Manila?

I'm still getting quotes but for the one I have from Certified International Movers they quoted $1350. for 200 cu ft. from here in Maryland to the Port in Manila.  They want $2200. total to finish the move to Sta Rosa Laguna.  As I said I'll have all the documents for customs but I think I could do much better on the delivery from the port than the $900.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Ah,,,I'm tracking.  When we moved we used Allied van lines. It was door to door service. Granted we live in Metro, but Santa Rosa is not that far away from me.

Let me try to make a comparison if I may. Granted that my move was partially covered by the Military. They paid for my full move (20 foot container) but would only pay from my home of record (san diego CA) to the furthest point of the continental USA, which is some tiny burg in Maine. That cost was 10k. I have to pay the difference for the move to the Philippines, which was 14k. So 10k across country 14k across the ocean. Just putting these (2012) numbers out there so you can draw comparisons.

Good luck

william_c
Posted
Posted

LBC can do international and local box moving. Let asawa go negotiate a price. We've used them for both and do a good job.

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Thanks William but I wonder if they will also move the tool cabinet which weighs in about 1000 lbs?

I did find a mover listed in the Manila area, ABAXPORT MOVERS.  They look like a probable choice.  They listed the below rate as an example;

Rates and Services

Rates: P 1,800.00 - 4 wheeler truck open drop side and close van

P 2,000.00 - 6 wheeler truck open drop side and close van

Note:This rates including driver, 2 helpers and fuel that applicable in standard house and condominium with elevator exclusive for Mandaluyong Area Only. For other rates of area in metro manila and provincial trip just call

• Like 1