Philippine Airlines To Nyc, Usa

william_c
Posted
Posted

Has anyone taken this route from MNL? Great, Good, Bad Idea?

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

We just booked Cathy Pacific to Hong Kong then on to Cebu  or Manila was cheaper. Also the seat are 1.5 inches further apart, makes no difference to Fe but at 6'3" it will make it a bit more tolerable for ne.

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Never tried Philippine Airlines. Of those we have tried, Cathay Pacific is our favorite. More comfortable, better service, competitive pricing. United is the worst regarding comfort and service.

Edited by Guy F.
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
jpbago
Posted
Posted (edited)

PAL has a Christmas Seat Sale of 50% off, not just to NYC but many destinations.

http://www.philippineairlines.com/Promos/christmassale2015

Edited by jpbago

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

My mother flies all over the world on many different airlines and she swears by Philippine Airlines IN BUSINESS CLASS.  She says it is one of the few airlines that has an affordable business class and if your budget swings up to about 3 times the cost of a normal airline economy seat then it is well worth it.

jpbago
Posted
Posted

My mother flies all over the world on many different airlines and she swears by Philippine Airlines IN BUSINESS CLASS.  She says it is one of the few airlines that has an affordable business class and if your budget swings up to about 3 times the cost of a normal airline economy seat then it is well worth it.

If your schedule fits with the above Xmas sale, then business class would be 1 1/2 times regular economy. I have been told that if you book premium economy at double the price of regular economy, and if the business class has availability, for $100 you can upgrade so then the cost would be double that of economy. If no availability, then you are in regular economy at double the price but with some cancellation/refund privileges that would be of no use at time of check in. It's a gamble. Maybe better on Tues, Wed, Thurs, and Sat when there may be less business travelers. At check in, the cost to upgrade from economy to business is $1,000 kano dollars.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
PAL has a Christmas Seat Sale

I signed up for their email notifications but never got notified.  Did you get an email about this sale or just happen to see it?

jpbago
Posted
Posted

PAL has a Christmas Seat Sale

I signed up for their email notifications but never got notified.  Did you get an email about this sale or just happen to see it?

Email 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Nephi
Posted
Posted (edited)

I worked for the airlines for many years in the States. Different airlines in different states. For safety reasons alone, Philippine Airlines is the ONLY carrier I have or will ever use between the Philippines and the US. Food and service is also good and to my liking. Flights I have taken have always departed about 30 minutes late but arrive early.

Manila to NY? I have heard they run the route now but don't know schedule.

Regards

Nephi

Edited by Nephi
  • Like 3

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted (edited)

I've used Asiana from Manila to JFK on the a380 and that was outstanding. I also flew Eva on the way there and that was great too.

I'm on China Airlines right now and I would not recommend them though the price was low.

What do you mean by "safety reasons"?

Edited by Richieboy67