Financial Affidavit

davewe
Posted
Posted (edited)

I don't want to discourage you but when I was active on VisaJourney (you should check it out - best Visa resource on the Internet) it seems that half the visas that were denied were because of the financial minimum and most of those were circumstances where a self-employed husband or fiance made lots but what was reported as profit or personal income was small. 

Of course you have a co-sponsor, which should help. But clearly the more income you can declare on your taxes, the better.

Edited by davewe

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yeah, I'm working on it now to remove some of the deductions.

I am a member there but my friends are here. :)

Edited by Richieboy67
  • Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

It's the "adjusted gross" after deductions.

Maybe "net" was not the right word but I cannot edit my post. I meant my gross is above but adjusted is lower.

Oh. It would be odd if they wouldn't count the lower, because you can't live of the cost the business have. 

(But there can be some differences in access to CASH by some deductions can have been paid years ago, but the deductions are spread during years later, which can be an advantage for you, if they allow counting the cashflow instead of the taxable income last years.)

But you said you have backup guarantee people, and they earn too.

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Yeah I agree but the problem is that people tend to get over zealous with the deductions.

For example, at the end of the year if it looks like I'm going to owe $10,000 then why not invest that money back into my business and file out as a deduction rather than just give it to the government?

Not speaking for myself here but I'm sure some people tend to not report some earnings as well when cash payments are made.

Taxes are very different for self employed folks and a real pita.

Thomas
Posted
Posted
For example, at the end of the year if it looks like I'm going to owe $10,000 then why not invest that money back into my business and file out as a deduction rather than just give it to the government?
Yes. I have looked very much for deductions myself, which make I will get very low retirement pay :boohoo: :mocking:

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

This is an email I got. Is this true?

If there are no dependents at all on your side or your wife's side then you must be able to provide financial documentation that you are able to earn $19,912. adjusted gross earnings.

Using a joint sponsor even parent is most likely to be denied by the National Visa center which would also prevent a US Embassy Interview for your wife.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
Is this true?

Richie, I know nothing of the process. But with out seeing the letter head or signature block or email addy, I would only say this.

The syntax, wording and punctuation are pure, 100%, grade A American bureaucratic language. 

• Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

Is this true?

Richie, I know nothing of the process. But with out seeing the letter head or signature block or email addy, I would only say this.

The syntax, wording and punctuation are pure, 100%, grade A American bureaucratic language.

Thanks,

It is from fillam. They help with visas.