Getting Prepared To Sign My 1St Rental Contract In Cebu City!

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)
They headed straight for my lights. If you ever experienced this, you will know how frustrating it is to try to spray and kill them only to have more come around again.

Next time this happens do as the local do and put a BIG pan of water under the lights and they will drop into it ...... we did that several times when we lived in Cebu ..... first time the cloud came swarming from under my bakers rack (was a hole in the wood base board) it scared the crap out of me ..... damn things were flying around the light above me and falling on my head ..... what a PIA ..... the care taker told us to use the pan of water and it worked fairly well ... we left that apartment 2 months later .... :dance: :mocking:

:cheersty:

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

They headed straight for my lights. If you ever experienced this, you will know how frustrating it is to try to spray and kill them only to have more come around again.

Next time this happens do as the local do and put a BIG pan of water under the lights and they will drop into it ...... we did that several times when we lived in Cebu ..... first time the cloud came swarming from under my bakers rack (was a hole in the wood base board) it scared the crap out of me ..... damn things were flying around the light above me and falling on my head ..... what a PIA ..... the care taker told us to use the pan of water and it worked fairly well ... we left that apartment 2 months later .... :dance: :mocking:

Some use such technique to get free feed to their chicken.

Perhaps it can be a business idea to live in that place and let insects in ON PURPOUSE  :lol:

• Like 1

russellmania
Posted
Posted

I rented my first and only apartment for 1 year when I was engaged to my wife. She had her own home a good distance from my apartment.

My apartment was conveniently close to the mall, walking distance. It had everything I needed from a/c to security guard. Only 15,000 pesos a month. I paid the customary month, last month and security deposit.  When I left, she deducted the water and electric bill then notified me when it was final. I never had to use any post dated checks.  She knew my wife and her family. I was lucky to end my years lease when I did because termites were present and beginning to fly around. I think they all hatched at the same time. They headed straight for my lights. If you ever experienced this, you will know how frustrating it is to try to spray and kill them only to have more  come around again.

I might add that this is where my brand new Schwinn mountain bicycle was stolen. It cost 15,000 pesos and I really enjoyed it for 3 months. I learned a good lesson from that.

How did the thieves get a hold of your bike?

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Russellmania, It was only one thief. He was seen by the other tenants. We believe the substitute security guard had a hand in it. The tenants were the ones who came to my door to notify me. They described him whhile the security guard did not respond. It happened early in the morning, so I think the guard probably pretended he was sleeping. Needless to say, the landlady had him replaced and told the agency of his lack of prevention.

The bike had a cable that tied the bike to a metal post. It was cut. So, we know he came prepared.

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Some use such technique to get free feed to their chicken.

Perhaps it can be a business idea to live in that place and let insects in ON PURPOUSE  :lol:

Thanks for the tip. I'll remember that but I don't live there anymore and I do not have termite trouble so far.

Larry45
Posted
Posted

We have rented 3 different homes here and have never paid more than first month rent and an equal security deposit, but we always rented directly from the owner.  I would be uncomfortable paying 3x rent to move in, unless it was a fully furnished home, then it would be understandable.  As was mentioned, you never know when the need might arise to break the lease.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
russellmania
Posted
Posted

We have rented 3 different homes here and have never paid more than first month rent and an equal security deposit, but we always rented directly from the owner.  I would be uncomfortable paying 3x rent to move in, unless it was a fully furnished home, then it would be understandable.  As was mentioned, you never know when the need might arise to break the lease.  

You hit the nail right on the head,its fully furnished so 3x to move in it,

post-2396-0-94238800-1443196045_thumb.jp

post-2396-0-03144600-1443196105_thumb.jp

post-2396-0-09800100-1443196179_thumb.jp

post-2396-0-29788800-1443196239_thumb.jp

• Like 1

usa32
Posted
Posted

That's a pretty nice pad. How much a month?

russellmania
Posted
Posted

That's a pretty nice pad. How much a month?

Its a 2 bdrm,1 maid rm,4 crs, 2 balconies for 32k a month. Pic is maid room and her CR.

post-2396-0-71896200-1443225324_thumb.jp

• Like 1