Which Suv

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Exactly as in the Fx vans that do passenger runs around Manila. That's why I said 11. Maybe it's still a 7 seater.
If it's a 7 expat seater, then it's at least an 11 Filipino seater...  :lol:
  • Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I have driven both a Mitsubishi Adventure and an Innova on unpaved mountain province roads of northern Luzon. I got through ok, once needing help getting out of the mud and once having to wait for a landslide to get cleared off, but in both cases I would have preferred a vehicle with more clearance and 4wd just in case. Diesel and MT are also requirements.

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
Diesel and MT are also

Earthdome,

Why do you say a MT is a must?  For your mountain driving?  I'll be in Laguna around Sta Rosa and the city once in a while with an occisional trip to the mountains.  From all my past experience in those areas the traffic is stop and stop and sometimes go.  I just can't think I would be wanting to shift gears all the time.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Diesel and MT are also

Earthdome,

Why do you say a MT is a must?  For your mountain driving?  I'll be in Laguna around Sta Rosa and the city once in a while with an occisional trip to the mountains.  From all my past experience in those areas the traffic is stop and stop and sometimes go.  I just can't think I would be wanting to shift gears all the time.

I was speaking of my requirements for the province not what someone else may need. It depends how much driving you do in the city vs how much in the mountains.

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

Diesel and MT are also

Earthdome,

Here you go Officer Danny:

post-686-0-42712800-1443117096_thumb.jpgpost-686-0-67337800-1443117179_thumb.jpg

All with heavy duty automatic transmission (50 cal mounts optional)....he, he.

post-686-0-90441800-1443117150_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Diesel and MT are also

Earthdome,

I was speaking of my requirements for the province not what someone else may need. It depends how much driving you do in the city vs how much in the mountains.

Do you mean for a 2wd?  Using the manual for rocking and getting unstuck?

The latest 4wd automatic transmissions have a lot of good electronic traction control systems.  I don't think they offer manual transmission on most of the 4X4 SUVs.  Probably the trucks but not the SUVs.

E.g., here is the truck you need for your next trip!  It has auto or manual:

http://www.chevroletcolorado.com.ph/

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
E.g., here is the truck you need for your next trip! It has auto or manual: http://www.chevroletcolorado.com.ph/

Yeah, that's a tank!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

Besides, she has a large family

It occurred to me that you may have been kidding here.  If you don't really plan to transport a large family then the Suzuki Jimney may be perfect for you.  Its cheap and rugged and you see them everywhere.  Any of my friends that have them say good things about them.  I have ridden with them and the vehicle fits a tall foreign man and seats 4 comfortably.

http://suzuki.com.ph/auto/jimny/

post-41-0-14657600-1443151054_thumb.png

By cheap I mean they start at 738,000 pesos and the top of the line is only 850K so well within your budget.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 2

davewe
Posted
Posted

Besides, she has a large family

It occurred to me that you may have been kidding here.  If you don't really plan to transport a large family then the Suzuki Jimney may be perfect for you.  Its cheap and rugged and you see them everywhere.  Any of my friends that have them say good things about them.  I have ridden with them and the vehicle fits a tall foreign man and seats 4 comfortably.

http://suzuki.com.ph/auto/jimny/

attachicon.gifJimney.png

By cheap I mean they start at 738,000 pesos and the top of the line is only 850K so well within your budget.

Well you are correct that I was kidding. OTOH you never know when you will need more space for a few relatives :)

The Jimmey looks cool, it a 4x4 and the price is right. I have a feeling that only 2 doors might make it a no. But it seems clear that Suzuki has some good options.

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

Diesel and MT are also

Earthdome,

I agree, Sta Rosa is flat except for the little pull up to Tagaytay you might do onnce in a while. Or the one from Talisay straight up to Tagaytay, 14 km which was a pull even for my D Max.

The Innova is very comfy and for driving around Laguna it would be good. Crosswind for me though, slightly more rugged.

If I actually had the budget and could pay cash. The Ford Ranger Wildtrak is gaining a hold here, 3.2 AT or MT. I saw 2 again this morning. An absolute beast as compared to the other cars on the road. Must be a major competitor to the Hilux. I have no comparison, just going on what I see.