Which Suv

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

Dave. If I had $20, 000 cash. I would consider dealer financing for a new vehicle, price range of the ones discussed above, 1,100,000 and up. Putting most of the $20k as a deposit Getting a new car package of 1 year insurance and the first 3 years of LTO registration free. Like me, I will pay a low monthly installment for 36 months, but avoid the risk of buying a used vehicle.

Dealer financing in your wife's name.

Although I like the Hyundai Tucson. We don't see them and the Innova much in the province, where off road driving is occasionally required.

Edited by chris49

intrepid
Posted
Posted
I was referring to the XU-V which has fold down seats in the back. Officially listed as an 11 seater.

Chris, are you sure 11 passanger?  When I look up the XU-V it returns  back to the Crosswind which lists 7 passengers.  11 would be nice!

chris49
Posted
Posted

I was referring to the XU-V which has fold down seats in the back. Officially listed as an 11 seater.

Chris, are you sure 11 passanger?  When I look up the XU-V it returns  back to the Crosswind which lists 7 passengers.  11 would be nice!

I went to the dealer and saw the model. I don't know how they calculate, but 7 seats is normal. Then you open the back and see 3 fold down seats. Exactly as in the Fx vans that do passenger runs around Manila. That's why I said 11. Maybe it's still a 7 seater.

intrepid
Posted
Posted
I went to the dealer and saw the model. I don't know how they calculate, but 7 seats is normal. Then you open the back and see 3 fold down seats. Exactly as in the Fx vans that do passenger runs around Manila. That's why I said 11. Maybe it's still a 7 seater.

Thats what I was thinking but wasn't sure.  Has to be calcuating for locals.  Four people my size and it would overloaded. :hystery:

chris49
Posted
Posted

Thats what I was thinking but wasn't sure.  Has to be calcuating for locals.  Four people my size and it would overloaded. :hystery:

We will have 2 kids in a private school, 3 years ahead. We may run a school service, my kids, Gina, and 9-10 little kids. Have seen it work like that in the model discussed. Crosswind XU-V.

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

11... unless they are locals... then 18!  Sounds like you can run it as jeepney ha ha

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
Right the MU-X is new model, 3.0 litre.

They do not have a 3.0 litre MU-X in the Philippines yet and I don't think they have a planned date for it.  They are all the 2.5 litre.  The 3.0 is in some other countries but not here.

I really like the MU-X features, but the engine was a deal breaker for me.  It is under powered for the weight and I don't want to be the guy blocking everybody on the road up to Baguio.  If they had the 3.0 here I probably would own one now.  The 2.5 might be fine for some people but I drive up and down hills every day.

It is the same chassis and suspension as the Chevy Trailblazer, built in a shared factory in Thailand.  Seating, etc., is almost exactly the same.  I found a 2014 2.8 litre Trailblazer being sold by an expat in Manila, with only 5000 km, and I saved a lot over the new price.  The power is incredible with 500 lbs of torque, and it will push you back in your seat.  My little girl says "Wheeeee" every time I hit the gas hard!

Looks a lot different and the price is more, though still not bad. Here's a list of models and prices:   http://ph.priceprice...maker=Isuzu-212

That price at the top of the list is the bare bones model MU-X.  I think the top of the line 4 x 4 is around 1.8 mil and still has the small 2.5 L.

Almost 50 mph diesel. Maybe 40 is my hopes.

50 mph might be the top speed!   :hystery:  I assume you meant MPG.  I have not seen any real world figures for the MU-X.  I was hoping to get a bit better on my Trailblazer.  I average 18-20 around town here but I live on a hill and go up and down a lot.  It will get 30+ on the expressway, depending on speed.  If I go the speed limit 100 kph, it will get 35+.  120-130 kph, down towards 30.

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
I assume you meant MPG

You assumed correct :thumbsup:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I had 13 in my 5 seater Avanza.  It did not have the 3rd row installed and you can actually fit more sardines into that area without it.  However, with only 90 hp, I had to have some get out to make it up the hill to my bro-in-laws house in Baguio.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I had 13 in my 5 seater Avanza.

I believe in the 70's it was 16 in this Mini  :hystery: post-2148-0-58719200-1442974795_thumb.jp

Just saying  :thumbsup:   OK! OK! I'm going post-2148-0-20097600-1442974718.jpg Mutter Mutter Mutter

JP :)

• Like 1