Fred Earle

No Duff
Posted
Posted

Fred was in the Negros Oriental area I believe, he left Hong Kong in around 1993.

He never returned to the UK, (not even in a casket), so my first trip will be to find his resting place, to pay my respects to a wonderful man.

If anyone came into contact with Fred or, or knows anyone who remembers him, i'd genuinely love to hear.

post-5539-0-55503700-1442945603_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Fred was in the Negros Oriental area I believe, he left Hong Kong in around 1993.

He never returned to the UK, (not even in a casket), so my first trip will be to find his resting place, to pay my respects to a wonderful man.

If anyone came into contact with Fred or, or knows anyone who remembers him, i'd genuinely love to hear.

attachicon.gifFRED.jpg

Good Morning ND,

As I said in a previous Post I did not know  the Gentleman but his name has rung a bell so I have put some feelers out. No Question should go unanswered so I have dug out some information that just maybe able to help you locate his Final Resting Place or at least point in a Direction you will find useful

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/399900/Death_in_the_Philippines_info_sheet_APRIL_2013.pdf

Having Very Recently Lost a Brother ( & a Friend to me) I know how you may Feel so I sincerely Hope that the information in the attached Link will be of use to you.

I wish you all the best in your Quest and please feel free to let us know if we can help any more.

Jack :tiphat:

Morning All :morning1:

• Like 3

No Duff
Posted
Posted

Thankyou Jack,

that means a lot and is very much appreciated

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Thankyou Jack, that means a lot and is very much appreciated

:thumbsup:  I have some more information fore you but will post it later as it is bevvy time just now  :cheers:

Sorry sorry time for an Hour.  post-2148-0-23568200-1442991642.jpg

JP  :tiphat:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Sorry sorry time for an Hour.  

OK so suitable Refreshed for a while may I continue?

Death is not Funny and of course we should laugh about it as it is Final But sometimes People say comical things that have a ring of truth in it. Many years ago when I came back from the Falklands I tried to find my very first Skipper from 1964.My CO at the time got involved and sat me down in his Office and said Flt Lt, if your man is alive it may take some time but if he has gone over it will be easier.

he said " Dead men are not going anywhere and they are not trying to hide from you or anyone else" As you will know, Military Movements are hard to follow on personnel but in cases like this it has had to stop somewhere and this is where you will need to start.

So to this End Nd can I suggest that you maybe follow one or Both of the links I will put in the Hope that one of them will come up with some information for you. I have lost my Security clearance now on the 20 year rule so I can't pull any Strings anymore and my Contacts, like me are now ageing and will have other things on their minds but I have put some feelers out for you. Who knows what may come up.  If he was Married and had had the marriage registered his wife will still be getting her Widows pension so the Archives should know but as you will see that may cost and I doubt you have enough details for pursuance

But along the line somewhere I am sure that it will not only you that will Remember this Gentleman so Fingers crossed in the links there maybe Just maybe and opening for you.

Again Best of Luck in your Search

https://www.rafa.org.uk/members

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/help-with-your-research/research-guides/royal-air-force-personnel/

Regards Jack  post-2148-0-06480700-1442994720_thumb.jp

• Like 2

No Duff
Posted
Posted

jack,

thankyou very much for the wise words, they have not fallen on deaf ears.

I spoke to Fred many times on the phone. His long term memory was spot on, but something was not quite right. Unfortunately towards the end, he did appear in some distress during some calls. I liaised with RAFA & FCO at the time, regarding my concerns and received confirmation from Embassy staff that all was well.

Despite him being a chief technician he did not embrace technology well, he had an email address but wouldn't use it, he wouldn't entertain Facebook and forums like this were unheard of to Fred, although I'm confident he would have enjoyed this site.

He did marry in the 90's, I met her many times, but things did not go right between Virginia & Fred, at least that's what he told me.

Fred was in receipt of an RAF pension, but as I gather, he never drew a state pension.

I don't think Fred would have been a loner, he was always smiling & laughing, he was a happy go lucky people person, a talented musician who loved music, there must be some ex-pats that had the privilege of knowing Fred.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
No Duff
Posted
Posted

Sorry for re-posting this one, but I'd love to hear that someone had met Fred.

I know Fred will have been part of a community, and most probably he would have been a busy body know it all, in a very fun loving way.

If anybody objects I'll not re-post again, I'd just like to keep the request alive and raise the awareness, in the hope that someone, somewhere . . . . .

Kind regards, No Duff

• Like 2