Ieagle Flights To Philippines

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

Has anyone used iEAGLE to fly to the Philippines? 

I was looking at tickets and they are offering round trip to Manila for $800. Which is about $400 cheaper than everyone else. I need three tickets and cost is important. The crazy part is that the flight is only 26 hours long and I would go from midwest to LAX to China then to Manila. 

It's China Southern Airlines. I have never heard of them and not sure I would want to go to China, however the price is super and I thought maybe someone has come this route before. 

Any input would be great, I have about 5 days before I buy the three tickets. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I was looking at tickets and they are offering round trip to Manila for $800. Which is about $400 cheaper than everyone else. I need three tickets and cost is important. The crazy part is that the flight is only 26 hours long and I would go from midwest to LAX to China then to Manila. 

It's China Southern Airlines. I have never heard of them and not sure I would want to go to China, however the price is super and I thought maybe someone has come this route before. 

Somewhere here is a Topic on just this, I can't find it just now but it was quite a Good Topic but it did reveal a few flaws in this Airline.

all I will say is Beware!

Jack post-2148-0-90318800-1443857455.png

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Somewhere here is a Topic on just this, I can't find it just now but it was quite a Good Topic but it did reveal a few flaws in this Airline. all I will say is Beware!   Jack 

This what your looking for I think, http://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/22726-ieaglecom-review-anyone-have-you-used-them/

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

As Jack says keep clear from them, they will change the flights once booked , the stop over will be crazy and they are not very good at all, a friend booked with these before but after they had changed his flight twice he cancelled , he got his money back after what took ages , but as he says for the cheap price compared to the price he should have paid, he will never go cheap again, it is just not worth it,

Its the airline that is not very good, i dont know about the agent

• Like 1

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted (edited)

Check The Philippines airlines website regular ecom LAX-MAN=$688.40 + Man-LAX=$561 so X3+taxes=$3749.40 and its a 14.20hr flight ! flight for thurs oct 8th 23.30 at least everybody knows Philippines airlines ! sames dates ieagle $1853.49 CHECK EXPEDIA .COM !! Delta airlines !!$920 round trip 1hr stop in tokyo 18 hrs !! hope you book right one !

Edited by expatuk2014
  • Like 2

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Try cheap-o-air  885 florida-cebu

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Moved to the appropriate forum 

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

On China Southern: 

20 years ago they were very rough. I recall flying Beijing/Guanhzhou/Manila with them and on finals into Manila I looked out of the port side to see my old house as I always did and there it wasn't - followed by a go-around as they had clearly lined up on Roxas Boulevard not the runway.

HOWEVER a friend flew with them last year and said they were very comfortable, lots of leg room and good food and entertainnent, so I would give them another go.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

lots of leg room and good food and entertainnent, so I would give them another go.

Yes Meths I heard good Reports on the Airline but I think in this Instance it is the Booking and Airline tie in's that are the problem.

Jack :)

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted

I've flown China Southern many times without problems. One plus of flying with Chinese airlines is the youth of both the equipment and the cabin crew.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk