Italian Kidnapped In Dipolog

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

This is Not Good.

I like Dipolog. A nice small city that has been pulling itself up by its bootstraps. This is an awful blow to the town, and of course horrible for the victim, who seems a very good man:

http://www.rappler.com/nation/108450-italian-restaurant-kidnapped-dipolog

• Like 2

starlet
Posted
Posted

Yes, sad news, indeed.

I have been there a few times, en route to/from my wife's home province. Dipolog seemed to be a quiet, nice place. I have good memories of the city and its people..

There are quiet a few expats living there, as far as I know..

jon1
Posted
Posted

I like Dipolog. If ever I lived in Mindanao, that would have been my choice. With all of the crap happening further south as of late, it is not surprising that it is spreading north.

I have been there several times and never felt threatened there.

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

This is Not Good.

I like Dipolog. A nice small city that has been pulling itself up by its bootstraps. This is an awful blow to the town, and of course horrible for the victim, who seems a very good man:

Sad to read, some years since been there how ever preferred Dapitan over Dipolog. Seemed a little slower, cleaner and has a heap of Rizal history. Strange as we have been talking of visiting there with a bike from Dumaguete.

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

Spoke to the Boss and she is OK to still go Dapitan. Wonder if this was more of a planned kidnapping or random choice. Seems to me to be planned as the poor guy apparently was doing very well.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I like Dipolog. If ever I lived in Mindanao, that would have been my choice. With all of the crap happening further south as of late, it is not surprising that it is spreading north.

I have been there several times and never felt threatened there.

Yes. But the muslim guerila has been close long time in the mountains. I have forgot WHAT a Filipina told me a few years ago, but the muslims have bothered Dipolog before, but I believe that was outside the city.

In this ITALIAN case I haven't seen any info about if it was muslim guerila or some others, are there any?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

In this ITALIAN case I haven't seen any info about if it was muslim guerila or some others, are there any?

Well Thomas this was the Report this morning! so take it as it is.

All I can offer just now.

Jack :thumbsup:

BluesDude
Posted
Posted

What a damn shame. This apparently is a man who was contributing to the Philippines and doing things to help her people and economy. I hope this ends as good as possible for him. These types of stories are terrible for the reputation of the Philippines and I believe, whether warranted or not, cause many to shy away from visiting or living there.

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

There are farms for sale VERY CHEAP there in the mountains in Zamboanga del Norte. 

For instance a 10 hektare grown up rubber farm for only 550 000p !     

I suppouse because it's dangerous there.