Large Shoes

Larry45
Posted
Posted

Just an observation that I noticed a few months back, and maybe someone else can help explain this quite trivial phenomenon.  To preface this, I'm not in the habit of checking out Filipino guy's feet, so maybe that's why it took so long for me to notice, but some of them wear ridiculously large shoes.  Like 3-4 sizes too big.  You can even watch the last few inches flapping around like a clown shoe sometimes.

At first I thought maybe the poor fitting was because they were borrowed or second hand shoes, but I know for a fact there are MANY more shoes available in Filipino size than foreigner size, especially here in the province.  I saw a guy yesterday with brand new Sketcher (sp?) type shoes and there was at least 2 inches flapping on the end as he strutted back and forth in front of the tricycle stand.  Anyone know what's going on with this?  Does a big foot make them more macho, in their mind?  Weird.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Does a big foot make them more macho, in their mind?  Weird.

:hystery:  oops Sorry but this got the better of me. :unsure:  maybe the family can only afford One decent pair of Shoes so they buy the Biggest they can and they become the family Shoes.

But seriously, I had not noticed this but you have sparked my curiosity now. I Guess I will be arrested Tomorrow for being a  Voyeur on Shoes. 

Jack  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Larry45
Posted
Posted

Does a big foot make them more macho, in their mind?  Weird.

:hystery:  oops Sorry but this got the better of me. :unsure:  maybe the family can only afford One decent pair of Shoes so they buy the Biggest they can and they become the family Shoes.

But seriously, I had not noticed this but you have sparked my curiosity now. I Guess I will be arrested Tomorrow for being a  Voyeur on Shoes. 

Jack  :thumbsup:

Seems plausible about the "family shoe", but most of these dongs don't seem that type, and who in their family would require a size 11 or 12, anyway?  Check it out and report back.  I'm just looking for some closure on this issue, as it weighs on me considerably   :lol:     

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

Just an observation that I noticed a few months back, and maybe someone else can help explain this quite trivial phenomenon.  To preface this, I'm not in the habit of checking out Filipino guy's feet, so maybe that's why it took so long for me to notice, but some of them wear ridiculously large shoes.  Like 3-4 sizes too big.  You can even watch the last few inches flapping around like a clown shoe sometimes.

At first I thought maybe the poor fitting was because they were borrowed or second hand shoes, but I know for a fact there are MANY more shoes available in Filipino size than foreigner size, especially here in the province.  I saw a guy yesterday with brand new Sketcher (sp?) type shoes and there was at least 2 inches flapping on the end as he strutted back and forth in front of the tricycle stand.  Anyone know what's going on with this?  Does a big foot make them more macho, in their mind?  Weird.

Someone tried to unload on me a pair of Dwayne Wade, slightly used Converse All Stars, size 11.5, 46. They must retail for at least $100 in the USA, but he asked 1500. He said it's a gift from his Ate in the USA.

Good deal, I bought them for 1200.

The back story is that if you keep scouring sari saris you will see the "used" Nike, New Balance and etc in large sizes. This guy was going around buying them and would specifically target foreigners. Must be some kind of factory seconds maybe not from USA, maybe from China directly.

As you might have noticed young Filipino males are fond of name brand originals. Maybe that's what they are buying, since it's doubtful they are buying new.

We heard the pair of Converse's was bought for 500.

Edited by chris49
  • Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

I have noticed this "phenomenon" among the young men who work at SM and places like that,,,reminds me of the shoes worn by Harlequins all that is missing is little bells on the end.

I chuckle to my self, shake my head..................I think maybe we are just showing our age guys. Probably the fashion of the young stylish Filipino male.

Remember the Mullet haircut? (or in Jack P. case the Duck Butt and a pack of smokes rolled up in the tee shirt sleeve) :hystery:

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

The back story is that if you keep scouring sari saris you will see the "used" Nike, New Balance and etc in large sizes.there This guy was going around buying them and would specifically target foreigners. Must be some kind of factory seconds maybe not from USA, maybe from China directly.

I think there is sense in this Just off to the city, May call in to one of the 3 or 4 Street shoes sellers and see what is What.

Jack :)

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

You know what they say ... big shoes - big... footprints  :tiphat:

• Like 4

chris49
Posted
Posted
 I think there is sense in this Just off to the city, May call in to one of the 3 or 4 Street shoes sellers and see what is What.

Yes let us know. The brands and the sizes. I think these kind of shoes made for the US market don't come in small sizes.

Make sure you are looking at originals. Test the cushioning if you are not sure, the cheaper ones have a distinct lack of cushioning.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

You never know they could be clowns but with out the make up

• Like 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)

You know what they say ... big shoes - big... footprints  :tiphat:

People who have big feet... pay more for shoes.

Edited by Guy F.
  • Like 2