Bullet Scam Angered Philippine Legislators

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Don't get fooled that this is going away any time soon.....

That website is very much an anti-Aquino, anti-government website, so I would take what I read there with a grain of salt.

gaga4
Posted
Posted (edited)

Don't get fooled that this is going away any time soon.....

That website is very much an anti-Aquino, anti-government website, so I would take what I read there with a grain of salt.

Really??? I'm sorry but did you just pull your head out of the sand?  Whether its anti-Aquino or not, its the truth and immediate action we are after. Did you see the comments of the two airhead women in there?

It has created an environment of fear with all travelers who go thru this airport and anyone who intends to visit the country. And its not like the Philippines has garnered the best reputation for tourism. I bet you would not be singing that tune if you were victimized. 

Instead of foofoo-ing this terroristic act, people need to address it It has to STOP!!!

Heres another article:

Edited by Jollygoodfellow

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
its the truth and immediate action we are after

Look in bag before putting on conveyor to X Ray machine.  If bullet found then that is truth.

If bullet found then remove it before putting on conveyor belt.  That is action.  No cost.  No problems.

Sure beats making a supreme court case out of it, or so it seems to me.

• Like 2

gaga4
Posted
Posted (edited)

its the truth and immediate action we are after

Look in bag before putting on conveyor to X Ray machine.  If bullet found then that is truth.

If bullet found then remove it before putting on conveyor belt.  That is action.  No cost.  No problems.

Sure beats making a supreme court case out of it, or so it seems to me.

Dave, I don't get it. You make it sound like the travelers are to blame for this terrorist act? So, everyone is supposed to accept the gauntlet they are subjected to? Please explain.

Edited by gaga4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
I'm sorry but did you just pull your head out of the sand?

My last post on this topic.  Thank you for the insult.  I'm still cleaning the sand out of my ears.

I commented on the website you are using.  The new link you posted is also harsh attack piece from the same website and really has nothing to do with the bullet scam.

I understand the seriousness of the bullet scam.  I don't understand your unrelenting passion for the subject.

• Like 3

gaga4
Posted
Posted

I'm sorry but did you just pull your head out of the sand?

My last post on this topic.  Thank you for the insult.  I'm still cleaning the sand out of my ears.

I commented on the website you are using.  The new link you posted is also harsh attack piece from the same website and really has nothing to do with the bullet scam.

I understand the seriousness of the bullet scam.  I don't understand your unrelenting passion for the subject.

Sorry Onmyway. I was just really awed by the comment. No insult intended. I guess "unrelenting" may apply to how I feel about this scam. I personally am livid about it and feel this tops it all. I could not comprehend how these people can even come up with this scheme. Its like the lowest of low.

I also feel that we all have an obligation in contributing to stopping this however way we can. I have already mentioned social media and contacting our respective governmental representatives. I believe that it can be done.

Over and Out.

Thomas
Posted
Posted
If bullet found then remove it before putting on conveyor belt. That is action. No cost. No problems.
Puting the bullet where??

And then your fingerprints will be on it...  :)

MikeB
Posted
Posted

The fact that the owners (a Filipino couple, working in Australia last I heard) of that site are anti-Aquino does not necessarily make them wrong. In fact you could glean a lot from the statement the Palace Secretary issued when this problem first came out - in part:

There are already officials deployed in airports in charge of helping those using our facilities. We have public assistance desks. The whole vision, mindset, of all government employees is to help those using our airports.

In other words no need to change anything, we’re already on top of it. That was before the international press got ahold of it and Malacanang started announcing investigations. And can any rational person take that last sentence seriously?

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Sure is fun sitting on the sidelines watching this subject escalate ..... some claim ho hum ... no big deal only a few people involved and others calling it a terrorists attack .... if I was a drinking man I'd have another San Magoo and toast me buddy Jake .....  :hystery:  :hystery:  ..... I have no dog in this fight as I have no intension of flying anywhere here in the Philippines ....  :tiphat:  :thumbsup: 

:cheersty:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

I highlighted the increase of incidences. No thinking person could imagine for one minute higher authorities involved were not aware of this statistic. Their silence speaks loudly.

Story;

Complainant calls for suspension of Philippines transport secretary
Published: 15:15 November 3, 2015 Gulf News
By Gilbert P. Felongco, Correspondent

Manila: Complaints had been filed against Transport Secretary Emilio Abaya and several officials in connection with alleged bullet planting modus at the country’s premier airport, the Ninoy Aquino International Airport.

A group led by the Volunteers Against Crime and Corruption (VACC) filed a case on Tuesday before the Office of the Ombudsman against Abaya as well as Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA) General Manager Jose Angel Honrado and two other officials, for “gross neglect.”

“We have just filed a case against Abaya and Airport officials based on EO 226 (The Doctrine of Command Responsibility in all Law Enforcement Agencies of Government). We must put an end to these kind of abuses against our countrymen,” Senator Alan Peter Cayetano, who was among those who filed the complaint, said.

“If our officials cannot solve these issues fast and ensure the safety and well-being of the people they sworn to protect, then I see no point in making them remain in office,” Cayetano said in a press statement.

“The heart of the cause of action of this complaint is the gross inaction of the respondents, even amid knowledge of the crime or offence of their subordinates or lapses within their jurisdiction,” he added.

The complainant called for the suspension of Abaya, Honrado as well as Office for Transportation Security (OTS) administrator Roland Recomono and Philippine National Police Aviation Security Group director Chief Superintendent Pablo Francisco Balagtas.

Passengers are prohibited from taking ammunition — whether spent rounds or live bullets — aboard commercial aircraft.

The Philippines has long banned such items, but recently, there had been a glaring rise in incidents involving apprehension of such items inside luggage of passengers. According to the Philippine National Police Aviation Security Group the number of passengers caught with bullets and other items associated with firearms among their belongings had shot up 775 per cent this year compared to last year.

This gave rise to suspicions that the contraband were planted by unscrupulous airport personnel to extort money from hapless passengers.

But lawmakers said some people at the airport — including possibly private taxi operators — may just be trying to make more money using regulation as an excuse.

Senator Francis Escudero noted that last week, a 60-year-old engineer who was flying to Manila from Davao was found in possession of two bullets at the Davao International Airport.

“Like most of the victims, he said he did not know how the bullets got into his luggage but he was charged nonetheless for illegal possession of ammunition. He was released after posting a P150,000 (Dhs 11,756) bail,” he said.

http://gulfnews.com/news/asia/philippines/case-filed-against-philippines-officials-alleging-planting-of-bullets-in-passenger-luggages-1.1612349

Edited by Old55
  • Like 2