Do I Need A Permanant Residency Card?

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

I just contacted RapidVisa with some questions about direct filing in Manila. I was told that in some cases they require a permanent residency card. Do I need one of these and how hard is it to get?

Anyone else here do a direct file and need this?

I believe this is the info required for the residncy card:

To qualify for this visa, the applicant must prove that:

• He contracted a valid marriage with a Philippine citizen.

no problem

• The marriage is recognized as valid under existing Philippine laws.

no problem

• There is no record of any derogatory information against him in any local or foreign law enforcement agency.

What does this mean? Is a police record from almost 20 years ago going to effect this?

• He is not afflicted with any dangerous, contagious or loathsome disease.

not that I am aware of. :)

• He has sufficient financial capacity to support a family and will not become a public burden.

What is needed to prove this and how much earnings must I show?

• He was allowed entry into the Philippines and was authorized by Immigration authorities to stay.

No problem

Can I get this Visa in Batangas city and how much is it?

Has anyone been delayed with a direct filing spousal visa for not having this?

Thanks

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I just contacted RapidVisa with some questions about direct filing in Manila. I was told that in some cases they require a permanent residency card. Do I need one of these and how hard is it to get?

no problem

no problem

• There is no record of any derogatory information against him in any local or foreign law enforcement agency.

What does this mean? Is a police record from almost 20 years ago going to effect this?

• He has sufficient financial capacity to support a family and will not become a public burden.

• He was allowed entry into the Philippines and was authorized by Immigration authorities to stay.

No problem

Thanks

I did not need this. All you have to do is prove you have resided in the Philippines for the most recent 6 months. This can be done by providing copies of notarized rental lease agreements, copies of phone, util, CATV, elec bills in your name, etc. Another one is having a Philippines DL. Also the visa stamps in your passport and your visa extension receipts. You only have to prove you have lived in the Philippines for the last 6 months. There is no requirement for a specific document.

I wouldn't waste my time getting the 13A Philippine visa or the delay that would entail.

Have you been in the Philippines over 6 months? If yes, get together the documents to prove it such as I listed above.

They really didn't ask me a whole lot about that. My DCF filing of the I-130 petition only took about 5 minutes. Check on Visa Journey for info on DCF and what other papers you should bring. I think you will need pictures of you as a couple, NSO marriage cert, etc. But verify before you schedule the appointment to file the I-130 at the US Embassy.

• Like 1

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted

no problem

no problem

No problem

Thanks

I did not need this. All you have to do is prove you have resided in the Philippines for the most recent 6 months. This can be done by providing copies of notarized rental lease agreements, copies of phone, util, CATV, elec bills in your name, etc. Another one is having a Philippines DL. Also the visa stamps in your passport and your visa extension receipts. You only have to prove you have lived in the Philippines for the last 6 months. There is no requirement for a specific document.

I wouldn't waste my time getting the 13A Philippine visa or the delay that would entail.

Have you been in the Philippines over 6 months? If yes, get together the documents to prove it such as I listed above.

They really didn't ask me a whole lot about that. My DCF filing of the I-130 petition only took about 5 minutes. Check on Visa Journey for info on DCF and what other papers you should bring. I think you will need pictures of you as a couple, NSO marriage cert, etc. But verify before you schedule the appointment to file the I-130 at the US Embassy.

Thanks so much!

You direct filed in Manila and were successful? That's great!

I am still trying to get things together to file. I'm not very good at this type of thing and so confused.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

no problem

no problem

No problem

Thanks

Thanks so much!

I am still trying to get things together to file. I'm not very good at this type of thing and so confused.

We found, actually my wife, great info on the Visa Journey forum for DCF.

First step is to start the process of getting your wife a Philippine passport in her married name. This involves getting documents from NSO, NBI, etc. Then getting her existing ID's switched to her married name. Then finally go to the DFA to get her new passport. Go to DFA first to get an application. It will list what ID's and documents are needed. Be sure to check on documents needed due to the name change for your marriage. This process took us over 3 months. Just as long as it took to get the CR-1 visa after filing the I-130.

We had to start by getting a postal ID and BIR (income tax) ID in her married name before filing with DFA. Other ID's will also work like voter's registration. See the list on the DFA application form.

Oh, when you finally go to the US Embassy or the St. Luke's extension clinic for the medical exam you may need to stay overnight. We used a Best Western (forget the rest of the name) only a few blocks from the US Embassy. You can find it on Agoda.com. Just be sure to use the link for booking hotels on this forum so JGF gets the referral fee from Agoda.

• Like 2

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted (edited)

no problem
no problem

No problem

Thanks

Thanks so much!

We found, actually my wife, great info on the Visa Journey forum for DCF.

First step is to start the process of getting your wife a Philippine passport in her married name. This involves getting documents from NSO, NBI, etc. Then getting her existing ID's switched to her married name. Then finally go to the DFA to get her new passport. Go to DFA first to get an application. It will list what ID's and documents are needed. Be sure to check on documents needed due to the name change for your marriage. This process took us over 3 months. Just as long as it took to get the CR-1 visa after filing the I-130.

We had to start by getting a postal ID and BIR (income tax) ID in her married name before filing with DFA. Other ID's will also work like voter's registration. See the list on the DFA application form.

Oh, when you finally go to the US Embassy or the St. Luke's extension clinic for the medical exam you may need to stay overnight. We used a Best Western (forget the rest of the name) only a few blocks from the US Embassy. You can find it on Agoda.com. Just be sure to use the link for booking hotels on this forum so JGF gets the referral fee from Agoda.

Is the name change required?

I am a member there as well but I have been finding conflicting information so I figured I would ask here too.

Edited by Richieboy67