Will The Philippines Fulfill My Wheel Of Happiness?

bows00
Posted
Posted

Life is a balance.  When you are in a state of balance, you are fulfilled in the four main areas of (1) Health, (2) Money, (3) Relationships and (4) Faith –– each area representing a section of a wheel, a well-rounded wheel rolling through life with a smile.  Neglect any one area, then you are like a wheel that has a flat, struggling to roll – stagnant and stuck – you will have a sense that something is missing… a sense of un-fulfillment…

There are areas in life that one naturally excels, and areas that requires more effort, or even neglected…

That is why I have elected to move to the Philippines once I secure my retirement here in the US.  I have excelled in all the areas mentioned above, except in the area of Relationships (my tire has a flat) - I am hoping that moving to the Philippines would be the cure.  Especially with the family oriented culture there.

Although I am currently very content with the other areas of my life, my biggest concern is that I have heard on many forums and websites that the Philippines is not the answer to your happiness if you are not fulfilled where you came from. 

I would like to hear some opinions if this applies to my situation…

• Like 2

lyno 47
Posted
Posted

IHMO come with your eyes wide open ,the phils aint for everyone .It suits me just fine much better than my home country ,sure it has its downs but for me its a small price to pay to be the happiest  I have been since I cant remember when.

I don't feel you will have much trouble finding a decent lady to have a lasting relationship with.cheers,

• Like 4

mogo51
Posted
Posted

NOt sure that I totally agree with this post.  What about the person (such as myself) is a non believer, are you suggesting that I 

can never be happy.  Without getting into a religious debate - that is a nonsense.

I don't have a lot of money but enough to have a good life here (Thailand currently) because cost of living is much less ie. I am an economic expat.

I have very average health, with back issues, plus aged stuff we all get ie. diabetes (mild), high blood pressure etc.

I have a great woman to look after me and could not be happier there.

Am I happy, basically yes, would I be here if I did have a lot more money?  No, I would be back in my home country living in a 

nice house or unit, overlooking the water, knowing my future was secure!

• Like 5

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

I think this missing spoke on your wheel should not be an issue once you come to the Philippines and take your time finding the one that can bring you the happiness you seek to reach your fulfillment. 

Also, I agree with your 4 points (to me not in that order), a good healthy approach. All the best to you on this journey 

• Like 1

davewe
Posted
Posted

only to find myself backstabbed by the most beautiful woman i had ever met ( 7yr courtship, online and annual visits to the phils )...

Common mistake to get involved with a very beautiful woman, perhaps above the level you might usually expect to have a relationship with.

If I could only have a successful relationship with someone at my level, I would be married to Godzilla :)

Come to think of it, I was married to Godzilla - just didn't realize it :)

I think you can expect that in the Philippines you can do better than your level (however you determine that).

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Although I am currently very content with the other areas of my life, my biggest concern is that I have heard on many forums and websites that the Philippines is not the answer to your happiness if you are not fulfilled where you came from.
I suppouse such posts ment people don't get happy in a new place if they BRING unsatifactory with HIMSELF, because we can't run from ourself.    
I cannot advise you not to come, because I did it myself , only to find myself backstabbed by the most beautiful woman i had ever met
That's why I go for some lower level   :mocking:

Even if a most beautiful Filipina can be interested in us,

the more beautiful the more risk they are spolied and the more risk they are selfish. That's universial   :)