Will The Philippines Fulfill My Wheel Of Happiness?

Larry45
Posted
Posted

But if a guy is a dysfunctional mess and socially retarded, he's going to have the same problems here in the Philippines, and maybe even more problems

But even then, this guy will still be dating here in the Philippines.

Yeah, that was my point....I didn't mean that person would have problems finding a girl, but rather problems dealing with the people here.   Sure, even a social outcast can do well with the ladies here, or at least find some that will give him a try.  And to clarify, we aren't talking about the OP here, but rather those types that cannot get along with anyone in their own country.  The change of location isn't going to help him much.

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted
The change of location isn't going to help him much.

I think it's a fine line. He could spend money and have a dam good time, and still go belly up in a few years.

Or he could be a tightwad which is not well accepted here, as a foreigner.

Larry45
Posted
Posted

The change of location isn't going to help him much.

I think it's a fine line. He could spend money and have a dam good time, and still go belly up in a few years.

Or he could be a tightwad which is not well accepted here, as a foreigner.

Yep, It all depends on what else you can bring to the table, other than just money.  If you're attracting girls with only your wallet, they might not care so much if you're a social misfit.  That's the great thing about the Phils...if you can't get a decent woman on your own merits, you can always buy one.    :cheersty:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

That's the great thing about the Phils...if you can't get a decent woman on your own merits, you can always buy one.

Well of course that's not confined to the Phils' is it? They could stay and do that at Home.

Jack :tiphat:

• Like 1

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

But if a guy is a dysfunctional mess and socially retarded, he's going to have the same problems here in the Philippines, and maybe even more problems

But even then, this guy will still be dating here in the Philippines.

Yeah, that was my point....I didn't mean that person would have problems finding a girl, but rather problems dealing with the people here.   Sure, even a social outcast can do well with the ladies here, or at least find some that will give him a try.  And to clarify, we aren't talking about the OP here, but rather those types that cannot get along with anyone in their own country.  The change of location isn't going to help him much.

I think we are all looked at as social outcasts to a degree (not that we are by our own nature) when we first arrive to live by many, but that gets widdled away as we form friendships and familiarity takes over in time. The potential to form a relationship and options beat the US hands down-and yes money is a huge motivating factor for many of these women. Finding a women who refuses to sacrifice her dignity for the sake of money is the key IMO.

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
my biggest concern is that I have heard on many forums and websites that the Philippines is not the answer to your happiness if you are not fulfilled where you came from.

As far as happiness goes...  I tried to teach my kids 'if you are not happy right here, right now, when will you be?'

I know some guys that are miserable here, and to hear them talk they were miserable in their home country too.  Some people just look for unhappiness - or attract it?  If you (not you specifically, just the general 'you') are looking to escape something, running away is probably not going to help. Most of the time...

If you are happy and relatively well adjusted where you are, you got a good chance here too.  Attitude is one of the keys here.

They are very family oriented.  So if you find a good girl, with a good family, it is pretty sweet.  Most of my wife's family is great. They take care of each other. I have been warmly welcomed - and not fleeced of all my money ha ha.  Ok, we had one sister-in-law tried to mooch at first but she gave up pretty quickly.  Guess she had to try, right?

Culture shock may or may not be an issue for each person, but that is another concern :tiphat:

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Leave your money at home .. just bring your health and your faith , and an exit strategy hehe ..

But seriously, just be cautious, especially about your financial worth.

Filipina are indeed among the most beautiful, caring, loving women in the world, however they are in the main commited to their family, their religion and their culture, and it will be a long journey if ever , for you to become # 1 priority .

I cannot advise you not to come, because I did it myself , only to find myself backstabbed by the most beautiful woman i had ever met ( 7yr courtship, online and annual visits to the phils )...

Anyway, Im still here 3 years later. Single and Available ! And having lots of fun recovering from the broken heart :)

Just put some new bait on the hook,cast and let it drift along the water, you will get a bite for sure.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Many of you know I spent 4 years waiting for one particular person... The one I called my Special Someone... Once we were to finally be together she disappeared... Many opinions were offered and everyone just assumed her to be a scammer... Well, I finally got a chance to talk to her the other day... The poor girl panicked... She's only 21 (yes, she lied about her age.. Another worry for her) and has never even dated another person... Her whole life has been school out working to get her family more support... The idea of jumping into bed with an older man for the rest of her life scared the heck out of her... She doesn't know how to please me... Lol! Now that she's settled down, she wanted to try again... Oops! Too late! My point is even us old guys can meet young and most beautiful women who think we are Somebody Special...

Now, is the Philippines the best place for everybody? That's something we need to figure out on our own... For some yes, and others not... I had every intention of staying here for the rest of my life... But the woman I love is married... To a Korean who dumped her in Korea with no money or support... Thankfully the kids were still here with her mom! Anyway, we are going to be sure between ourselves but then we are going back to Canada... Where she can get her divorce and we can remarry... Where we can afford to end the marriage rather than the fortune it costs here... And where she can work and support her mom in a better life... I can keep on with my writing... And hopefully we can come visit every year...

• Like 3