Burger King Comes To Bacolod

jai_ren
Posted
Posted

I don't know why you would be surprised at that. Bantayan, Bantayan island's largest town is nowhere near big enough to have a Jollibee. None of the other Visayan island groups (Camotes, Siquijor, Camiguin etc), which each have about the same number of people have one either or are close to having one.

Bantayan's population is diluted between the three towns. Whereas on Camiguin, their capital Mambajao, is MUCH larger than any of the other population centers. I could imagine getting Mambajao getting a Jollibee before any of the others.

robert k
Posted
Posted

Last time I had a Big King in Manila it was fine, just as I would expect in the US. Cost a little more is all.

chris49
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, robert k said:

Last time I had a Big King in Manila it was fine, just as I would expect in the US. Cost a little more is all.

Rounds out about the same on the exchange rate doesn't it Robert?

About 6 months ago a Whopper Meal Upsize was about 200?  $4.50?

robert k
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, chris49 said:

Rounds out about the same on the exchange rate doesn't it Robert?

About 6 months ago a Whopper Meal Upsize was about 200?  $4.50?

It was more, at the time in the US, crap....excuse me, I meant to say fine fast dining was a bargain. When I returned to the US the price of fast food had risen 30% and it has just risen again. The price there at this moment may be a bargain. A McDo double cheeseburger, not the one from the value (McDouble) menu costs 79 piso at the moment. Before I went to the Philippines last time it was 58 piso.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

Went to Subic BK yesterday and had a good burger.  They have an "Angry" Whopper special with Jalepenos, and you can upgrade it to 4 cheese for p20.  The meal (small fries and drink) was p199+20 = 219, which is about $4.19 USD.  I like Jalepenos so it hit the spot!

I'm curious as to what a Whopper costs in the U.S. right now.  Back in around 2005 in Florida they would always have specials, double Whopper with cheese for 99 cents.  I was low carbing so I would by two plain with mustard for lunch, throw away the buns, and just eat the 4 meat patties, cheese and mustard.  I would go broke doing that here!

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Found this website:

http://www.fastfoodprices.net/menu-prices/burger-king/angry-whopper.html

Angry Whopper meal $7.19!  Yikes!  However, that is not the same as the one I had.  The one I had here did not have bacon.  Not sure about the rest of the stuff.  I just remember lots of cheese and Jalapenos.

If they pass the $15 min wage in the U.S., prices will skyrocket.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

With all of the talk of BK I had to try a bacon and cheese burger at BK in Festival Mall, Alabang.  Similar priced to a MacDonalds quarter pounder but seemed like more meat, a beefier taste and texture.  I don't eat a lot of that kind of food but its a nice change now and then.  I also tried IHOP as I remember being it a great breakfast place in my youth.  The Alabang IHOP was much pricier than I expected (1,000 pesos for breakfast for 2) but the food was everything I remembered and the coffee was superb.

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

When to Subic BK yesterday and had a good burger.  They have an "Angry" Whopper special with Jalepenos, and you can upgrade it to 4 cheese for p20.  The meal (small fries and drink) was p199+20 = 219, which is about $4.19 USD.  I like Jalepenos so it hit the spot!

I'm curious as to what a Whopper costs in the U.S. right now.  Back in around 2005 in Florida they would always have specials, double Whopper with cheese for 99 cents.  I was low carbing so I would by two plain with mustard for lunch, throw away the buns, and just eat the 4 meat patties, cheese and mustard.  I would go broke doing that here!

Whopper meal $6.49

Dbl Whopper sandwich $5.29

Big King sandwich is $3.89....meal $6.39

Rodeo burger $1 a bargain. A burger with 3 onion rings on top of the beef patty.

jpbago
Posted
Posted

In Toronto, maybe all of Canada, BK has King Deals with different sandwiches at 1/2 price on different days of the week. Wednesday, a whopper sandwich is $2.10 C or $1.59 US. It's a deal.

BK in Bacolod is hit and miss. Sometimes it is OK, sometimes no lettuce, sometimes no tomatoes, sometimes no pickles. If you order no mayo, you still get mayo.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I also tried IHOP as I remember being it a great breakfast place in my youth.  The Alabang IHOP was much pricier than I expected (1,000 pesos for breakfast for 2) but the food was everything I remembered and the coffee was superb.

2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I also tried IHOP as I remember being it a great breakfast place in my youth.  The Alabang IHOP was much pricier than I expected (1,000 pesos for breakfast for 2) but the food was everything I remembered and the coffee was superb.

Tried to enter to quotes in one post and OMW's post and my reply got deleted and Dave's got added twice .... oh well try this again .... :hystery:

Dave we don't have an IHOP here in Bacolod but we do have a Pancake House with delicious blueberry pancakes .... but it is being moved to a different location right now .... 

3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Went to Subic BK yesterday and had a good burger.  They have an "Angry" Whopper special with Jalepenos, and you can upgrade it to 4 cheese for p20.  The meal (small fries and drink) was p199+20 = 219, which is about $4.19 USD.  I like Jalepenos so it hit the spot!

Yup that is my favorite also .... only problem here in Bacolod is they can't keep it on the menu .... something about running out of Jalapenos .... but not a problem for me cause I just take a 4 cheese burger home and add my own Jalapenos .... wala ... Angry Burger ..... masarap .... :thumbsup:

:cheersty:

Edited by Mike S