Burger King Comes To Bacolod

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Burger King, "Have it your way" was my favorite place for cheap good burgers and fries in the states

None here in Davao city so I settle for MacDonalds which is a helluva lot better than Jollibee.

Our favorite place for lunch is Mang Insal. BBQ grilled chicken and unlimited rice. I get the breast and wing on a stick. 

For a good buffet lunch we like YAKIMIX. A nice Japanese  place at Abreeza Mall. 

I do hope Burger King opens up in Davao City before i leave.

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gratefuled said:

Burger King, "Have it your way" was my favorite place for cheap good burgers and fries in the states

I do hope Burger King opens up in Davao City before i leave.

Before I leave?

Gratefuled new pastures where?

Mike S,

Sounds like PI is becoming more expensive 588 peso for lunch at Vikings!

(not that I have heard of the place before)

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Kuya John said:

John, as the old saying goes, "You get what you pay for". Vikings is probably the best buffet IMO that is designed more for the western palate. Beef for the yanks, Lamb for the Brits, Aussies and Kiwis. Tempura, sushi, Chinese food and honest to god mashed potatoes like my mom used to make. As is talked about in another topic, there are plenty of places where you can get local food for 50 pesos a meal. Vikings has filled a niche here. Its expensive comparatively and Filipinos use it for very special occasions. Whole families go there for birthdays. The wait staff is continually walking around singing happy birthday at tables. That's why I never go there on weekends.

• Like 4

jpbago
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Kuya John said:

That is the week day price. Week end lunch is 788. At the Manila locations, week day lunch is 688, dinner is 888, MOA weekend lunch and dinner is 1088. They have birthday and birth month promos. They have a senior's discount that varies between 10 and 50 %.

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Kuya John said:

Before I leave?

Gratefuled new pastures where?

Mike S,

(not that I have heard of the place before)

Where?  You ask. When I return back home to So Cal. USA

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, scott h said:

John, as the old saying goes, "You get what you pay for". Vikings is probably the best buffet IMO that is designed more for the western palate. Beef for the yanks, Lamb for the Brits, Aussies and Kiwis. Tempura, sushi, Chinese food and honest to god mashed potatoes like my mom used to make. As is talked about in another topic, there are plenty of places where you can get local food for 50 pesos a meal. Vikings has filled a niche here. Its expensive comparatively and Filipinos use it for very special occasions. Whole families go there for birthdays. The wait staff is continually walking around singing happy birthday at tables. That's why I never go there on weekends.

Sounds a lot like YAKIMIX in Davao city Abreeza Mall. Price is about the same. Not to dine there on a regular basis. We just go on special days. 

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

Where?  You ask. When I return back home to So Cal. USA

Sounds like your mind is made up.....Good luck Gratefuled

Hope things work out for the best....JB

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

Sounds like your mind is made up.....Good luck Gratefuled

Hope things work out for the best....JB

Thanks John. Yes, it is.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 10/31/2015 at 1:49 PM, Medic Mike said:

WooooHoooo!

Calm down Mike, no sleeping out the front of the store on opening!

• 4 weeks later...
mcdaddypig
Posted
Posted

Nice that BK (one of my favorite burger chains) has been branching out over the Islands.  More chain options is good for expats like myself :)  

Over a year ago when I was visiting Cebu, my family and some new friends introduced me to a new burger joint called, "Front Gate" and must say I was quite impressed with the large quarter pounder patty portion and solid ingredients with the burger, reminds me of the burgers from Red Robbin.