Cost Of Running A 3 Hp Inverter Type Air Conditioning.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:unsure: Hi guys and Gals, Question and help please. Is anyone Running a 3 hp Inverter type Air Conditioning Unit?

If so, do you have any calculations  on the Electricity usage? Kwph I mean, cost I can work out for here once I get the hours right.

I have just had Installed a Daikin "D" Elite model, Commissioned Yesterday and to me it seems to be running Thirsty on Electric. I thought I had it sort of worked out on the Usage of our 1/2 hp and 1 hp units but seems I got a wee bit out of  rang somewhere. :1 (103):

Jack :thumbsup:  

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Running aircon will cut into your sml budget so it`s up to you. What is the KW rating for the unit? That should give you a rough estimate for the usage eg 1KW rating should use 1 unit per hour.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

For some reason, everyone, (other than you :cheersty:  ) that I know who needs that much horsepower runs 2 X 1.5 Split Inverter units.  Cheaper up front cost and I suppose they can turn one off on cool days?  Anyway.  good thing your Mrs gets a discount where she works    :tiphat: , 

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

For some reason, everyone, (other than you :cheersty:  ) that I know who needs that much horsepower runs 2 X 1.5 Split Inverter units.  Cheaper up front cost and I suppose they can turn one off on cool days?  Anyway.  good thing your Mrs gets a discount where she works    :tiphat: , 

We looked into having 2 X 1.5 but there was a problem of the Outside Unit being too far away to make the one end of the  Sala not Practical.

We had the Engineers here for some time discussing this and doing all the things they needed to do to Find the answer, it is all in the layout of the House. Bearing in Mind we are talking over 50 sq mt all open Plan, to turn one off, would just make the Other Work harder so catch 22. :)  BTW we only get Discounts on the Equipment and Instillation not on the Electric Bill  :unsure: ( mores the Pity)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

We looked into having 2 X 1.5 but there was a problem of the Outside Unit being too far away to make the one end of the  Sala not Practical.

We had the Engineers here for some time discussing this and doing all the things they needed to do to Find the answer, it is all in the layout of the House. Bearing in Mind we are talking over 50 sq mt all open Plan, to turn one off, would just make the Other Work harder so catch 22. :)  BTW we only get Discounts on the Equipment and Instillation not on the Electric Bill  :unsure: ( mores the Pity)

Jack, what ever happened with this?  How is it working out?  Why did you pick that brand?  Despite the electric cost, is it cooling the area well?

Why so many questions?  I am buying a place and also will have a large open area to cool.  Large living area, dining area and kitchen.  They only have aircon in the bedrooms now.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Jack, what ever happened with this?  How is it working out?  Why did you pick that brand?  Despite the electric cost, is it cooling the area well?

Why so many questions?  I am buying a place and also will have a large open area to cool.  Large living area, dining area and kitchen.  They only have aircon in the bedrooms now.

Well things are good. 'Daikin' was chosen because of parts and labour accessibility, they seem to have a reliable Servicing section in the company we bought from ( Not that I am looking for too many problems but...) the control of this beast is paramount as it needs some self Control, if the Unit has not been on for some time and it is a Hot day you can start her up on Powerful this lasts for 20 mins then automatically reverts back to Settings you put in ( Via the Remote) we keep ours at 25c on slow fan Fast fan will blow your Toupe off .  It will cool down to normal running quite Quickly and if it is comfortable you can off the Powerful mode and away you go.

Costs well that is still a little sketchy so far but tomorrow is Bill day so i can let you know more maybe tomorrow lunch time. I am not Far off my original Estimate of 75 peso per day for this one but that is dependent on how many people are in the house. We never have all 3 units running as when we have the Big one on and leave the bed doors open it actually does cool down the bedroom areas as well. So if we are carefull we just have the Big one on for an hour or two at mealtime.

Current Figures are about 4.250 peso to today Up from around 2350 from last month So as I said with some self control on Usage, it is not as bad as one would think.

I will know tomorrow, exactly and then I can put down the running cost of the A/C's against normal usage

basing this on 2.5 years of no A/C. 

Jack. :)

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Current Figures are about 4.250 peso to today Up from around 2350 from last month

Thats good! I pay that running a 3/4 HP downstairs and a 1 HP upstairs.  One of them is on all the time but seldom 2 at the same time.  Maybe its a good idea for me to upgrade to a modern, energy efficient AC.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Current Figures are about 4.250 peso to today Up from around 2350 from last month

Thats good! I pay that running a 3/4 HP downstairs and a 1 HP upstairs.  One of them is on all the time but seldom 2 at the same time.  Maybe its a good idea for me to upgrade to a modern, energy efficient AC.

The real proof will the bill of course tomorrow as it will be factual but i guess you have hit it on the heard if bills are high, Well running Equipment is the thing, regular servicing, ( They say twice per year here but Certainly once per year i would have thought)

Here's hoping i got all my Figures right. I was looking at maybe 6.000 for the month but things look good for less. post-2148-0-91502100-1448160727_thumb.jp

Jack  :)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Well wonders will never cease, meter read this morning, Actual Bill is 4008 peso as against 2800 last month so the difference with the 3 hp in operation is 1208  Pretty good I thought. divide that by say 30 days is about 40 peso a day

As I say it has to be controlled and of course as with all things everyone's situation will be different. I think we have got this about right so happy Chappy here.

Jack :)

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Well wonders will never cease, meter read this morning, Actual Bill is 4008

Guys I just have to tell you this, I have sent a message to Azon and spoke to the monster a few mins ago, to say Thank You for being Thoughtful about Electric costs. Ooooh! I know we can Go on and On about this but when you have Trialed and Errored things and Hit that Happy medium yet can go Beyond that Medium, I think we can all pat ourselves on the back. So after the Second Full month of all things we have Todays Bill arrived @ 3.089.60 Peso

Last month was 4.0008 So I can now say, with some Control in the House, Electricity need not be a major Cost

That's me and Mine Folks, as always YMMV

Happy Jack :thumbsup:

Might get 3 beers today  to celebrate. :lol:

• Like 3