Cost Of Running A 3 Hp Inverter Type Air Conditioning.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Well wonders will never cease, meter read this morning, Actual Bill is 4008

Guys I just have to tell you this, I have sent a message to Azon and spoke to the monster a few mins ago, to say Thank You for being Thoughtful about Electric costs. Ooooh! I know we can Go on and On about this but when you have Trialed and Errored things and Hit that Happy medium yet can go Beyond that Medium, I think we can all pat ourselves on the back. So after the Second Full month of all things we have Todays Bill arrived @ 3.089.60 Peso

Last month was 4.0008 So I can now say, with some Control in the House, Electricity need not be a major Cost

That's me and Mine Folks, as always YMMV

Happy Jack :thumbsup:

Might get 3 beers today  to celebrate. :lol:

Your house is newer so I assume you have everything sealed up well?

So many houses and businesses here just throw away money because the room / house is not sealed up well.  Especially true around wall units, where you can see the outside light in the cracks around the unit.  Doors, windows, ceilings, all need to be air tight.  Even light fixtures, especially recessed lighting, can let all your cold air out.  The first thing I will do in our new house is go over it and check for leaks.  At our first house in Subic there were double doors to the lanai that were not sealed well on the bottom, and if you stood outside with them closed, you could feel the cold air rapidly rushing out.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I can now say, with some Control in the House, Electricity need not be a major Cost

Congrats.  The way your house is so open, and with such a large air conditioner, I thought your bill would be much, much higher.  Again, well done!

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

We certainly did our best, nothing is an exact science is it? Not here at least but as with most things Preparation and Forethought is paramount. 

No matter what we buy mechanically or Electrically operated it is the running Costs that can be the bugbear and we should all as you have said, try and reduce the wastage.and maintain all things to keep running Costs low.( well as low as we can.

Not quite on Topic but my wife now Understands why I like her to get her Bike serviced and maintained very regularly.( It is  some 17 years old) and runs like a dream and costs very little to Run. 

JMHO

Jack :thumbsup:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

We certainly did our best, nothing is an exact science is it? Not here at least but as with most things Preparation and Forethought is paramount. 

No matter what we buy mechanically or Electrically operated it is the running Costs that can be the bugbear and we should all as you have said, try and reduce the wastage.and maintain all things to keep running Costs low.( well as low as we can.

Not quite on Topic but my wife now Understands why I like her to get her Bike serviced and maintained very regularly.( It is  some 17 years old) and runs like a dream and costs very little to Run. 

JMHO

Going a bit off topic, but I was just thinking.  Do the range hoods (over the stove) suck out the cool air con air?  

My house in Florida does not have an exhaust to the outside from the range hood.  It just has a filter and it blows the stove exhaust back into the kitchen. I always thought that was stupid but maybe that is why; to keep the house sealed.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Do the range hoods (over the stove) suck out the cool air con air?  

In a Word, I don't think so, if it did I don't think there would be any adverse effect. at least we have not noticed anything amiss  while I was writing this I put the hood on Full and only normal air came out of the Outside Flu

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

It just has a filter and it blows the stove exhaust back into the kitchen. I always thought that was stupid but maybe that is why; to keep the house sealed.

We can have either on Ours Charcoal Filter or Exhaust we use the exhaust to keep the smells down. I did change it over a while ago and felt no difference in the Temprature

In fact reading the Manual the Hood fans only work at a maximum height above the range (1 meter max I believe). so I can't see it  expelling Cold air given that hot air rises not cold.

Jack :)

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

BTW Jack, I forgot to mention that I exchanged some mails with my aircon guy in Florida (our member Bruce) and said my large open space would need something like yours, 2.5 to 3 hp.  2.5 if well sealed and 3 if a lot of leaks!

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

BTW Jack, I forgot to mention that I exchanged some mails with my aircon guy in Florida (our member Bruce) and said my large open space would need something like yours, 2.5 to 3 hp.  2.5 if well sealed and 3 if a lot of leaks!

The thing we find is that if  it is too well sealed we have to adjust the temp fairly Regularly as it can get too Cold even at 25+ so the Leaks ( so to speak) we can live with and keep it constant on 25c. the results are in the cost so we are happy.

Hope things work out as good for you as they have for us  :thumbsup:

Jack :unsure:

earthdome
Posted
Posted

It just has a filter and it blows the stove exhaust back into the kitchen. I always thought that was stupid but maybe that is why; to keep the house sealed.

We can have either on Ours Charcoal Filter or Exhaust we use the exhaust to keep the smells down. I did change it over a while ago and felt no difference in the Temprature

In fact reading the Manual the Hood fans only work at a maximum height above the range (1 meter max I believe). so I can't see it  expelling Cold air given that hot air rises not cold.

Jack :)

You made a great point there Jack. Having the fan exhaust outside may save you money because you are exhausting the hot air from cooking. Just make sure you turn off the exhaust fan when you are done cooking.

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I can now say, with some Control in the House, Electricity need not be a major Cost

Congrats.  The way your house is so open, and with such a large air conditioner, I thought your bill would be much, much higher.  Again, well done!

Well here we are Bill day and I will Thank my two later, Covering the Christmas and New year Period, 3 Parties and an Adhoc Friends gathering + 2 teenage Video shoot days and still, we get a bill of only 3.487.51 peso. I am in Most of the day and the house is Cool and Comfortable but it just goes to show that we have set the right Controls both in Temp and thoughts of use on the A/C's

• Like 4