Why Are You So "strict"?

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Does anyone else's pinay ask them, "why are so strict?" I often get this from my pinay, she will say "Mata why are you so strict?"...FYI...Mata is the family nick name they gave me.

When I think of the word "strict", I always associate it with discipline. What I have figured out, because I have a strong opinion on certain issues between myself and my girl, she interprets this as being "strict"...LOL.

I think next time she says that to me, I will say, "your right...you've been bad...come and get your spanking!"... :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Does anyone else's pinay ask them, "why are so strict?" I often get this from my pinay, she will say "Mata why are you so strict?"...FYI...Mata is the family nick name they gave me.

Mike we are All Strict in one way or another and if we weren't you would be broke in no time with shelves full of Useless  things,

Here again, comes in the Want and Need difference because this is  where they start about being Strict. It is all about money.

JMVHO

Jack :tiphat:

Morning All  :morning1:

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Don't have that problem thankfully.

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

Don't have much of a problem, but have to act tough sometimes.

Or with the kids, but I'm not that type, so I think they see through it.

• Like 1

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Don't have much of a problem, but have to act tough sometimes.

Or with the kids, but I'm not that type, so I think they see through it.

I know Chris...you are a big softy!  :mocking:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I thought maybe I had said what I thought was it but as Mike, you did not give a for instance on your strictness at times, it could go on. Not long ago I noticed something that yes, now he (My Gardner Handyman)  will think I am strict again. whether Male or Female I am of the Opinion that they  (The average Filipino) do not Understand the Word "Consequence"

I said to Him Yesterday, 'Choy' Don't leave that there please, it may get stolen in the Night or the Dogs will play with it and it will get Broken But Sir it is only, ONLY a Light Cover, Yes Choy! not an expensive one but... just put it away Please. yes Sir, Mutter, Mutter, Mutter, need it in the Morning

Case being, he can't find it this Morning, I have, all chewed up at the back of the House. Obviously not Put in the Shed [Probably locked and can't be bothered to look for the key] So he will have left it where one of my babies could/Did in fact Reach it.

Now my Wife has rung me as I am being Strict again But..........Where do we Go? Another cost, to put it  right.

Mike and all I guess, as I said before, if we are not Strict in some things, the Consequences can cost us  :thumbsup:

Sorry Mike I don't mean to go on and on and muddy your Topic but somewhere along the Line we must surely get them to understand why, we are sometimes how we are.

Maybe sometime we need a Topic on "Consequences" of Thoughtlessness at times?  :) Forgetfulness even

Just saying

Jack  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Simple Mike....you speak your mind and kudos to you as well.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Simple Mike....you speak your mind and kudos to you as well.

:thumbsup: post-2148-0-55029000-1446429399_thumb.jp Most times it is the only way

Jack  :tiphat:

• Like 1

Larry45
Posted
Posted (edited)

In my experience, having a Filipino say you are 'strict' is not exactly meant to be complimentary.  Yet, it refers to how much BS we will tolerate, so if that's your nature you should take it as a compliment.  I was in a group of Filipinos recently and one guy was explaining why he left his wife and child and moved to another city...."She was very strict".   What he really meant was that his wife wouldn't tolerate his lies and infidelity.   Everyone agreed with him and understood.  

Edited by Larry45
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

In my experience, having a Filipino say you are 'strict' is not exactly meant to be complimentary.  Yet, it refers to how much BS we will tolerate, so if that's your nature you should take it as a compliment.  I was in a group of Filipinos recently and one guy was explaining why he left his wife and child and moved to another city...."She was very strict".   What he really meant was that his wife wouldn't tolerate his lies and infidelity.   Everyone agreed with him and understood.  

I guess they would agree Larry, Probably got a Strict Wife at home themselves but something tells me that is not the case in Question.

This is why I said, we should ask, for what reason, some think We are strict? There is Strict and there is Strict. Yes?

For a Guy to leave a wife and child like that. To me means she was not Strict enough but then to be found out Well.... Good marriages I would say, Don't need that type of Strict, He knew he was Doing wrong.

Jack :)