Why Are You So "strict"?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

I guess my Statement ( According to some answers  was correct)  It's all about money, Don't give we are Strict, Control the Spending we are Strict but on the other side of the coin and closely linked is the work ethic. Control Strictness. Which in the End is money related at the end of the day.

I asked a Doctor Friend of ours (UK Friend now living here) not that long ago. What do you Think we should do about the Place (House etc) when we pay for help?

Depends he said, is it help you engage or workers.

If you pay for Staff you should not need to do anything that you pay someone to do. I mention at times my Gardner/Handyman who is by no means lazy but the main problem I have is his work Content in the Given Time. 8 Hours per day but because he has a lazy brother at Home he does things that his Brother should do which means he is Invariably late, Don't turn up and sleeps at lunch time so I have to go and wake him up. Many times 1/2 an hour late after Lunch. So my Friend had a Similar Problem and just moved so he did not need help. We can't do that as we are committed to this place but when I try and put these things right, You got it, I am Strict. We deducted money for Hours lost but that did not get the projects Done, as it did not mend the time he spent here, we just saved a little money. We have 2 Birthdays Coming up and I have now said Not here this Year, we are not ready because of time lost. The new lawn was so late being laid it has not taken to well yet. With all the rain we are getting I am thinking cars and Bikes parked all over it will Ruin what work that has been Done. Waterlogged at this time. So Yep, Now I am Strict because I have said have the parties at Mama's, well! said her indoors, I don't think there will be enough Room, HUH! there was always room for a double party before we built this House.

If we, who are the Main providers and I know many of us are and Want to enjoy what we have, we have to be Strict to get value from life.

That's me of course.

Jack :)

Edited for a late punctuation :hystery:  

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted (edited)

I get that sometimes being strict , but most of the time i just get i am TIGHT

Remembering that Filipinos mix Spanish and English, and realizing that strict comes from a latin root, I googled what 'estricte' means when translated from Spanish.  The result is similar to what I believe Filipinas mean when they call me strict, and tight is not too far off the mark.  In addition to what we think of as 'strict' the same word translated from Spanish can mean: Tight, Close, Severe or Austere.  I usually get called strict when I am perceived to look or act grumpy.

It's crazy to be called Kuriput when you pay all the bills and stock the house.

When I first came here, one of the young ladies I met asked me for a loan of a few thousand peso's and being the soft touch I was then I said yes. Give her her dues, she paid me back 1 week and on the day she said she would. Now she calls me kuriput because I won't buy into some crazy scheme she has going. My g/f and her family sometimes call me kuriput, I just say that I am sensible and they aren't.

Edited by frosty (chris)
  • Like 4

chris49
Posted
Posted

I guess my Statement ( According to some answers  was correct)  It's all about money, Don't give we are Strict, Control the Spending we are Strict but on the other side of the coin and closely linked is the work ethic. Control Strictness. Which in the End is money related at the end of the day.

I asked a Doctor Friend of ours (UK Friend now living here) not that long ago. What do you Think we should do about the Place (House etc) when we pay for help?

If you pay for Staff you should not need to do anything that you pay someone to do. I mention at times my Gardner/Handyman who is by no means lazy but the main problem I have is his work Content in the Given Time. 8 Hours per day but because he has a lazy brother at Home he does things that his Brother should do which means he is Invariably late, Don't turn up and sleeps at lunch time so I have to go and wake him up. Many times 1/2 an hour late after Lunch. So my Friend had a Similar Problem and just moved so he did not need help. We can't do that as we are committed to this place but when I try and put these things right, You got it, I am Strict. We deducted money for Hours lost but that did not get the projects Done, as it did not mend the time he spent here, we just saved a little money. We have 2 Birthdays Coming up and I have now said Not here this Year, we are not ready because of time lost. The new lawn was so late being laid it has not taken to well yet. With all the rain we are getting I am thinking cars and Bikes parked all over it will Ruin what work that has been Done. Waterlogged at this time. So Yep, Now I am Strict because I have said have the parties at Mama's, well! said her indoors, I don't think there will be enough Room, HUH! there was always room for a double party before we built this House.

If we, who are the Main providers and I know many of us are and Want to enjoy what we have, we have to be Strict to get value from life.

That's me of course.

50% your fault too Jack. You have built their a mansion by local standards with what you are thinking will be an immaculately kept garden, English style. My old mate there in Newmarket had a gardener, and the man was like part of the family the days he was there, and the garden, was immaculate. Two days a week, but later on they couldn't afford it and it showed.

I don't know if you can get that here. We cut the grass and pull the weeds by hand and the cows graze of the rest. A bit irregular but kept in order, Gina plants her own garden and plants orchids and tends it twice a day, in addition to her daily routine.

You have Jack, what we all dreamed of. But you also face the upkeep and it looks like you go it alone. I have people working here for food, which they get anyway, but they usually get the picture. They do the work and we keep putting out the food. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

That's me of course.

50% your fault too Jack. You have built their a mansion by local standards with what you are thinking will be an immaculately kept garden, English style. My old mate there in Newmarket had a gardener, and the man was like part of the family the days he was there, and the garden, was immaculate. Two days a week, but later on they couldn't afford it and it showed.

I don't know if you can get that here. We cut the grass and pull the weeds by hand and the cows graze of the rest. A bit irregular but kept in order, Gina plants her own garden and plants orchids and tends it twice a day, in addition to her daily routine.

You have Jack, what we all dreamed of. But you also face the upkeep and it looks like you go it alone. I have people working here for food, which they get anyway, but they usually get the picture. They do the work and we keep putting out the food. 

No Chris 100% my fault for allowing it to continue. With what I am prepared to and do Spend, it will be right.

The time has come to see the Firm hand to go down with a Firm Kick up the backside for all of them My two Included. They are not Royalty but 2 lovely People with far a better life than they had before, best they don't Abuse it any more.

They Got what they asked for and what I had promised, the Ball will be in their court Come Friday.

Coming from a Military Background of 27 Years and having an fairly exact Science job after, What's happening here, is not Brain Surgery and if we all pull our weight, the days can be easy, but as usual "Later only" Creeps in, Later, has just come and  Wants have also just become needs.

Harsh! No Folks, Reality, 'Don't bite the hand that Feeds you'

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

They Got what they asked for and what I had promised, the Ball will be in their court Come Friday.

Isn't it Odd how Attitudes change when the writing goes on the Wall? Pity it can't be relaid to another Topic here. ie; The Airport. :)

Jack :thumbsup:

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Isn't it Odd how Attitudes change when the writing goes on the Wall? Pity it can't be relaid to another Topic here. ie; The Airport. :)

Jack :thumbsup:

Pension day Friday?

• Like 2

Josef-01
Posted
Posted

This country, ppl and all here it's absolutely a different world. I think we have to be strict somehow, otherwise we gonna be used, changed and brainless if we r too kind :)

Sent from Huawei P8 lite using Tapatalk

• Like 5