Fiesta Noise Fiesta.

RBM
Posted
Posted

Last night the club I belong to was invited to the auditorium to enjoy the opening of the town fiesta. We were fortunate to have about the best table with excellent viewing of the dancing and many displays of local couture including fire blowing, and such things.

What just amazed me was the noise of the music, in many years of being on off here never have I experienced such noise. Even some of the discos we have attended would pale in comparison, ear splitting insane noise would be a compliment. Totally impossible to speak, concentrate or otherwise. Just sit drink and watch those pretty young girls in the native costumes was great except for the intolerable insane nerve shattering noise.

beyond my comprehension is the majority of people were influential, good standing, being senior government  employees and middle to senior age wise. Its  incomprehensible to the writer how they can tolerate this crazy noise, not only tolerate some how enjoy it.....

My happiest moment was to depart, which could not be hurried as we did have a personal invite.

Just though i would share this evening.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Last night the club I belong to was invited to the auditorium to enjoy the opening of the town fiesta. We were fortunate to have about the best table with excellent viewing of the dancing and many displays of local couture including fire blowing, and such things.

What just amazed me was the noise of the music, in many years of being on off here never have I experienced such noise. Even some of the discos we have attended would pale in comparison, ear splitting insane noise would be a compliment. Totally impossible to speak, concentrate or otherwise. Just sit drink and watch those pretty young girls in the native costumes was great except for the intolerable insane nerve shattering noise.

beyond my comprehension is the majority of people were influential, good standing, being senior government  employees and middle to senior age wise. Its  incomprehensible to the writer how they can tolerate this crazy noise, not only tolerate some how enjoy it.....

My happiest moment was to depart, which could not be hurried as we did have a personal invite.

It's the Filipino Way! That's what I am Told on these things 

• Like 1

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

I tell you what, I went with Chris and some of his friends to this disco in Mango a couple of years ago...OMG...the sound was so loud and pounding that I thought I was going to be sick...I had to leave quick smart.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

It happens all over RBM ..... back in the day when I was young and foolish I went to a Disco club in Florida ...... when I walked in the band hadn't started yet .... the waitress who brought my drink asked me if i had ever been there before and I said no first time .... she said when the band starts hold your drink and don't let it go ..... yea right who is gonna steal my drink ..... so the bank came in set up and started to play and guess what ..... the sound was so loud and vibrated so much my glass actually started vibrating across the table and I was sitting kinda in the middle of the room and my chest felt like it would explode ..... they had 3 big turbo fans pointed at each 6ft high speaker to keep them cool ....... I tossed down my drink and left never to return again ..... :mocking:

:cheersty:

• Like 3

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

On a still quiet evening here in the US, my wife and I were star gazing. She said she could hear some sounds way in the distance (we're pretty much out in the country). I told her it's either a small plane in the distance or the Philippines.

• Like 4

RBM
Posted
Posted
I tell you what, I went with Chris and some of his friends to this disco in Mango a couple of years ago...OMG...the sound was so loud and pounding that I thought I was going to be sick...I had to leave quick smart.

Agree as have been many a time to Mangos discos...But last night was extreme. Could be the smaller enclosed area or super charged speakers...who knows but one thing is certain that i do know....next year will be a polite decline to attend.

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Ahhh RBM, welcome to the 'Old f..ts club' !!!

• Like 4

chris49
Posted
Posted
Just sit drink and watch those pretty young girls in the native costumes was great except for the intolerable insane nerve shattering noise.

Noise? What noise? :hystery: I haven't been too a disco in years, if ever I actually don't recall.

Fiesta time here. We got it from noon yesterday (All Souls Day, day of mourning, yeah, sure), until 8 AM today, when Uncle the builder had in a videoke, put on food for all the neighbours, Of course I went over and had merienda and sang a few songs. I must be getting immune though, after 3-4 brandies, I slept well despite the noise.

I'm with Ron (Mogo), must be a ceritified member of the old guys club by now. I never go to such places,

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Just sit drink and watch those pretty young girls in the native costumes was great except for the intolerable insane nerve shattering noise.

Noise? What noise? :hystery: I haven't been too a disco in years, if ever I actually don't recall.

Fiesta time here. We got it from noon yesterday (All Souls Day, day of mourning, yeah, sure), until 8 AM today, when Uncle the builder had in a videoke, put on food for all the neighbours, Of course I went over and had merienda and sang a few songs. I must be getting immune though, after 3-4 brandies, I slept well despite the noise.

I'm with Ron (Mogo), must be a ceritified member of the old guys club by now. I never go to such places,

I actually meant Frosty "Chris".

stevewool
Posted
Posted

What amazes me is they still talk to each other , i just sit there and smile trying to say no no no, its not my cup of tea