What Keeps You In The Philippines?

Larry45
Posted
Posted

Reasons for staying here are 70% financial and 30% wife's family.   So we just work hard and save as much as we can, while letting the in-laws enjoy their only grandchild for a few years.  Wife and daughter aren't a reason for me to stay here, but rather a reason to leave.  If I was single, I'd be content with living here, but it's not all about me anymore.   :no:

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Reasons for staying here are 70% financial and 30% wife's family.   So we just work hard and save as much as we can, while letting the in-laws enjoy their only grandchild for a few years.  Wife and daughter aren't a reason for me to stay here, but rather a reason to leave.  If I was single, I'd be content with living here, but it's not all about me anymore.   :no:

Crisky! Larry, kind of sounds like your on a Downer I won't bother going there mate. None of my business or am I missing something But I like your  Statements  :thumbsup:

Jack  :no:

• Like 2

Larry45
Posted
Posted

Crisky! Larry, kind of sounds like your on a Downer I won't bother going there mate. None of my business or am I missing something But I like your  Statements  :thumbsup:

Not sure I follow you, Jack.  We all have to make sacrifices in life.  Sure, it's more fun in the Philippines for me than it will be in the US, but it's worth the trade off to give my wife and kid better opportunities.  We can always come back later   :thumbsup:  

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Not sure I follow you, Jack.  We all have to make sacrifices in life.  Sure, it's more fun in the Philippines for me than it will be in the US, but it's worth the trade off to give my wife and kid better opportunities.  We can always come back later   :thumbsup:  

post-2148-0-54225700-1446525063_thumb.jp Oops sorry Larry, Got hold of the stick Totally, The way, I Read it at First was  that you were going to be a Statistic, Those that never made it. But I get your Drift now. Apologies my friend.

Jack :)  

• Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Mostly financial reasons. In the US I would have to work until a week after my funeral.  As it is I quit work at 48 and moved over here 5 years before my 1st retirement even kicks in!

The wife ain't bad either, but the more people she talks to about the US is making her think about going over there... I am the one that wants to stay here ha ha

If money were not in the equation I would be living in Hawaii  :tiphat:

• Like 5

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Sorry Larry,

I was on the same page as Jack P.  I thought you were going back to USA by yourself.  Now that's all cleared up, you have every reason to revise your master plan.  Come back home to provide more security and western education for your family.  Build up your nest egg once again and then return for another try.  Or just go half and half, 6 months at a time.  

We cannot project how well we could adapt to a strange land or not.  We sometimes cannot adapt, even with our best intentions.  But I tell you what.....having a bucket bath (thanks Kevin), sometimes outside the house is really out of this world!

Warm regards to your family Larry, respectfully -- Jake

Edited by Jake
  • Like 4

stevewool
Posted
Posted

This is not in any particular order.

(1) My wife and daughter.

(2) I can live here on a smaller budget than the UK.

(3)I am getting used to the BS here  and it costs me 4x less than the BS in the UK.

(4) I live 200 yards from the beach and could not afford to in the Uk.

(5) My arthritis is virtually non-existent here because of the warm weather.

(6) Bucket baths.

(7) Not having to retrain(and pay for it)every 5 years just to do the job I was doing for many years.

(8)85% less stress.

That`s all I can think of for now I will add some more later if I remember them.

I am sold already :thumbsup:

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

This is not in any particular order.

(1) My wife and daughter.

(2) I can live here on a smaller budget than the UK.

(3)I am getting used to the BS here  and it costs me 4x less than the BS in the UK.

(4) I live 200 yards from the beach and could not afford to in the Uk.

(5) My arthritis is virtually non-existent here because of the warm weather.

(6) Bucket baths.

(7) Not having to retrain(and pay for it)every 5 years just to do the job I was doing for many years.

(8)85% less stress.

That`s all I can think of for now I will add some more later if I remember them.

I am sold already :thumbsup:

You can get it on installment if it`s easier for you.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

You can get it on installment if it`s easier for you.

post-2148-0-93307600-1446534669.gif EH?

• Like 1