Travel Tax

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

We are going to Singapore this week and I was wondering if anyone has experience with the travel tax at Clark.  I looked here:

http://www.tieza.gov.ph/index.php/travel-tax

to get an understanding of the anticipated taxes.  Does this make sense?

Me:  0

Wife:  P1620

11 year old on PH passport:  Pay p200 to apply for reduced rate of p810

1.5 year old with PH and US passport:  Pay p200 to apply for the reduced rate of p810

Not sure about this one.

What a system!

Has anybody used the travel tax desk in the departure are at Clark?  If so, advice?

That website says that if you have been in the country for more than a year, even a foreigner pays.  Yet when I went to HKG last month, they did not ask me for it.

jon1
Posted
Posted

We just went thru Clark last week. The travel tax counter is just past the initial security screening (opposite side of room from the airline checkins). The wife had to pay the 1620p, quick and easy. We both had to pay 650p terminal fee for exit and wife had to fill out a debarkation(?) card. To save some time, I would get that card where you check in and fill it out while they are processing your checkin. Not sure about the kids.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Jon, you went to the travel tax counter after you checked in or before?  I read in another thread that they will not let you check in before paying it.

We just went thru Clark last week. The travel tax counter is just past the initial security screening (opposite side of room from the airline checkins). The wife had to pay the 1620p, quick and easy. We both had to pay 650p terminal fee for exit and wife had to fill out a debarkation(?) card. To save some time, I would get that card where you check in and fill it out while they are processing your checkin. Not sure about the kids.

jon1
Posted
Posted

Yes the wife had to go there first before checking in. To save time, I went to the checkin counter and got things started while she paid the exit tax.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

How to encourage tourists to Philippines!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

How to encourage tourists to Philippines!

It is not normally for tourists, just Filipinos.